Crawley Town FC financial question

I think their transfer budget was low because I think the researchers take into account what was spent in the summer e.g. around 300,000 for Brodie but I know their finances are brilliant for BSP level, they got around £1,000,000 for their FA Cup tie vs Man Utd.

Not sure if their budget will be improved but I think that their finances will be.

I don't think the prize money they got from there fa cup run will

be implemented in the new patch. However I could be wrong

Probably not, depending on the patch cut off point. At least they'll have lots of money for FM12, when they'll probably be in League 2 (and hopefully with Luton :))

It wouldnt be a hard thing to change thou but probly a minor detail compared to the updated transfer, fixs ect

yes but in the game, that match against man u might never happen, so they cant add money for a game that may or may not happen at some point during the first season of the game, so the money will never be added im afraid

yes but in the game, that match against man u might never happen, so they cant add money for a game that may or may not happen at some point during the first season of the game, so the money will never be added im afraid

For FM12 it should be added because the match will have been played the previous season and Crawley have the money in their account.

I hope they programme a feature that'll mean they become financially unstable two seasons in when the owners leave/get outed as frauds. How many huge investments do we see fail to materialise after the initial honeymoon period? Notts County for instance have slashed their budget in comparison to last season, where as in FM 10 they continued to spend excessively for years and years after. Obviously SiGames can't see the future, but it'd be cool to have a variable that would determine whether a tycoon sticks around for the long haul or not.

OK thanks for that people, I hope they get a decent amount as I am thinking about starting a new patch with them and I'm a bit confused about the idea of Steve Evans as a crook. Was it something to do with his Boston days? :(

when he was at boston he paid players backhanders which is against the fa rules and cheated the hmrc. the fact he is a crook and all that money really does get to non league fans, thus crawleys lack of popularity

when he was at boston he paid players backhanders which is against the fa rules and cheated the hmrc. the fact he is a crook and all that money really does get to non league fans, thus crawleys lack of popularity

Ohh, thanks for that mate, didnt know the full inside story. TBH after finding the full truth about it now I am surprised he is allowed to even manage again but irl I have a soft spot for Crawley for there FA Cup heroics.

For FM12 it should be added because the match will have been played the previous season and Crawley have the money in their account.

yes for FM12 but by then the money could have been spent on various other things so it may never be in the game.

In a few years once the source of their money has been exposed, crawley will go pop. They have only 700 real fans (according to their own supporters trust) and are paying the likes of Brodie and Tubbs circa £2K a week. Its simply not sustainable. Sadly the FA are too incompetent to do anything about it, and the BBC too dumb to realy investigate it. However the always excellent David Conn did a bit in the Guardian about them.

It's probably quite hard to model the "Steve Evans being a crook" effect in a football manager game.

That man should not be allowed anywhere near a football team. He is a cheat and a fraud and was not punished for his crimes. Not only did he deny Dagenham a title that was theirs, he stole from every tax payer in the UK.

Ohh, thanks for that mate, didnt know the full inside story. TBH after finding the full truth about it now I am surprised he is allowed to even manage again but irl I have a soft spot for Crawley for there FA Cup heroics.

They where a disgrace against Torquay, played time wasting tactics from the first minute, Players feining injury when they where about to be substituted, assistant manager pushing and shoving people, They are not a humble team, they are universally hated by lower league teams, only wish the media knew that and stopped bigging the scum up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived