signing the right assistant manager

how can i make sure that i get the right assistant manager for my club, im currently managing Southampton and the assistant that i have doesnt allow me to just leave him to do the opposition instructions, how can i sign another one knowing that he will have the option to do this, i dont want to go wasting money on hiring and firing till i find one that can do it.

i want someone that will know the league/s that ill be in to cover the opposition instructions part of the build up as i dont think that my knowledge of League 1 is any good.

But you don't really need to have an in-depth knowledge of the league. Just assign a scout to "next opposition", and have him uncover the attributes and strengths of the opposition, and take it from there. It's always nice to have the assistant manager's point of view, of course, but I prefer to use it in combination with my own ideas.

I wouldn't trust them to do the opposition instructions, They can just make things worse. Its better to have no opposition instructions than the wrong ones.

I could go into specifics but its best you look into it yourself as it can realy make a big difference in shutting down certain players.

Just as an example they sometimes set wingers onto weaker foot even if the guy is 2 footed, this can be especialy dangerous if the guy is an inside forward and you constantly allow him to cut inside.

Archived