Worst managment mistake

What is your worst managment mistake. Mine is just taken over at Corinthians the team is 7 games into the season and I needed cover for a right back and spent 9 million on Medina. Just gone to pick him for the game and he is illegible due to playing 7 games already in this competition doh!!!!.

Another mistake I could have made with Corinithians is the former Corinthians manager has signed some players who were not due to come until 20th July when the window open. The questions is could I have cancelled these transfers or would they still have gone through. It is too late now but some of them I wont be playing as they are no good. Just want to know for the furture?

started a game as middlesbrough and started well with 3 wins out of 3, i saw that Gary O'Neil was on huge £40k a week, i thought i would try to get rid of him, and not only did no one go in for him, he complained for trying to be thrown out of the club, and the morale went from Super to very poor, and i went on to lose the next 6 games including a 3rd round league cup game against Bury.

Accidentally leaving the second choice 'keeper in a league match that I used for the preceding cup match. Although, since I have a goalkeeper fetish, all of my goalkeepers would be 1st choice for the bottom team in the league, if not 1st choice for most teams. I'm very well covered in that area.

Accidentally leaving the second choice 'keeper in a league match that I used for the preceding cup match. Although, since I have a goalkeeper fetish, all of my goalkeepers would be 1st choice for the bottom team in the league, if not 1st choice for most teams. I'm very well covered in that area.

Ahah that happens to me too,and not only with keepers since,for cup matches,I always do a complete turnover.

Signing Ched Evans on the transfer deadline day in August for a huge amount of money, trying to solve my lack of goals, then forgetting to register him for my squad, meaning I couldn't play him until January when the window re-opened.

Signing Ched Evans on the transfer deadline day in August for a huge amount of money, trying to solve my lack of goals, then forgetting to register him for my squad, meaning I couldn't play him until January when the window re-opened.

I hate stuff like this, I'd really like an undo button for genuine mistakes (it'd obviously be down to the individual not to cheat). IRL you cannot accidentally send out the wrong goalkeeper. My other gripe is accidentally clicking past the opportunity to appeal dubious red cards.

I wouldn't mind an undo button too. At the end of the season on previous FMs, I often used to shove all my players into the reserve team because they'd usually have one or two matches left and they might as well play them. However, I didn't realise that on the new FM moving them to the reserve team makes them clearly aware of the fact (training with the reserves etc.), and I should have just made them "avaliable for the reserves". As a result, half of my team were unhappy at being moved to the reserves.

I managed to calm most of them down, apart from my star Canadian keeper with bags of potential, and a pair of strikers who were both average. As it turns out, letting go of my keeper was the best thing that ever happened to me - I got a decent amount of cash and bought in an amazing young Swedish keeper with even more potential.

Still, annoying as hell.

I wouldn't mind an undo button too. At the end of the season on previous FMs, I often used to shove all my players into the reserve team because they'd usually have one or two matches left and they might as well play them. However, I didn't realise that on the new FM moving them to the reserve team makes them clearly aware of the fact (training with the reserves etc.), and I should have just made them "avaliable for the reserves". As a result, half of my team were unhappy at being moved to the reserves.

I managed to calm most of them down, apart from my star Canadian keeper with bags of potential, and a pair of strikers who were both average. As it turns out, letting go of my keeper was the best thing that ever happened to me - I got a decent amount of cash and bought in an amazing young Swedish keeper with even more potential.

Still, annoying as hell.

Wow, I still play FM10 and my preferred method of getting them match fit is moving them rather than selecting 'available'. Learning this has annoyed me, and made me glad I don't own FM11, that is an awful idea from SI.

just signed a player for £13.75 million to end my injury crisis and to replace my ageing squad, then he asked for what i felt was too much on deadline day, managed to sign him only i forgot to register him in my excitement...

seems i'm not the only one to do that :p

just signed a player for £13.75 million to end my injury crisis and to replace my ageing squad, then he asked for what i felt was too much on deadline day, managed to sign him only i forgot to register him in my excitement...

seems i'm not the only one to do that :p

ive done the same thankfuly it was with a new game so i restarted with the same team did everything the same but actualy registered the player this time :)

sold an amazing regen simply cos he was going through a rough patch, was 21, my other one was 19, everytime the 21 year old got taken off for playing poorly (alot) the 19 yo would score, so i sold him to liverpool. they are englands main striekforce now and i really hate knowing what a beast he has become >.<

Managing in South Africa and winning loads of trophys and then realising the world doesnt care about that. So then having to start building a rep in brazil then italy then eventually the prem!

You moved from south africa to brazil? Or did you just start over in brazil?

started a game as middlesbrough and started well with 3 wins out of 3, i saw that Gary O'Neil was on huge £40k a week, i thought i would try to get rid of him, and not only did no one go in for him, he complained for trying to be thrown out of the club, and the morale went from Super to very poor, and i went on to lose the next 6 games including a 3rd round league cup game against Bury.

I've found that before. The best bet is just to play him, and try to move him on at the end of the season for a pittance.

Playing as Liverpool I accidently moved a 34 yearold Gerrard down to the reserves.(I meant to just make him available) He subsequently hates me and left the club never to return. He now manages Plymouth and tells the press how much he hates me before every match.

Archived