PC vs Mac

I realise that this information must be out there somewhere but I couldn't find it in search or FAQ's. Basically, I am buying a Macbook pro and obviously FM will be a big part of its useage. My question, what is different about the game?

Can I download database updates that users have made on PCs and they will work on Macs?

Do add ons to the game (Genie, Real time editors, etc) not work?

What about skins? Any other things that are different?

I know the patches and stuff are released at the same time and i'm assuming the basic game is the same, just thought i'd ask if there were any significant differences between people playing it on PCs and Macs.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did do my best to look!

Wfc.

I realise that this information must be out there somewhere but I couldn't find it in search or FAQ's. Basically, I am buying a Macbook pro and obviously FM will be a big part of its useage. My question, what is different about the game?

No difference at all, except for keyboard shortcuts.

Can I download database updates that users have made on PCs and they will work on Macs?

Yes, they will work.

Do add ons to the game (Genie, Real time editors, etc) not work?

I'm not sure; see the other posts (note use of semicolon :)) Actually, why do you want them?

What about skins? Any other things that are different?

No difference there either

I know the patches and stuff are released at the same time and i'm assuming the basic game is the same, just thought i'd ask if there were any significant differences between people playing it on PCs and Macs.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did do my best to look!

Wfc.

edit: I neglected to add it is possible to transfer saved games between PC and Mac. Don't forget to transfer over editor data files, though.

Personally I've reverted to Laptop PC from Mac. Decided that half the cost of MacBook was the logo based on spec and went with a more configurable, powerful and versatile Windows 7 machine for several hundred less. In this case a Sony Viao, previous was a Dell XPS.

Personally I've reverted to Laptop PC from Mac. Decided that half the cost of MacBook was the logo based on spec and went with a more configurable, powerful and versatile Windows 7 machine for several hundred less. In this case a Sony Viao, previous was a Dell XPS.

This isn't a contest as to whether Macs or PCs are better. The question being asked was whether the OP would experience the game differently because he was buying a Mac, and whether 3rd party graphics and programs would still work for him.

I use a Windows 7 pc and a MacBook Pro 13 inch. No difference between the two that I've come across, all file types are the same so can be transferred across, data, save games etc. Editor and graphics, logos, kits etc all work fine. Steam means that its the same to patch and download as well.

Archived