Training schedules (your personal feedback)

Just looking to get more into the training side of things as in the last 3 or 4 editions of the game when creating my own training schedules I've just done 3 simple schedules. These were 'defence' 'midfield' and 'attack' and placed all defenders in the 'defence' schedule for example. Having just completed my first season with Colchester United I am not looking to get more 'in touch' with the training side of things.

So can anyone give me any advice. What do you do with your schedules? I read somewhere that this guy recommends a pre-season schedule mainly focusing on Aerobic, Tactics etc to help the players get there fitness back but the next part of his post was slightly confusing. He said something about 2 weeks before the season starts you should revert back to your schedules but do YOU have schedules for each position e.g. CB, FB, DM, CM, Wingers, ST etc.

Also, do you create training schedules for your youths and if so does anyone have any screenshots as I haven't really thought about the youths before. Suppose it is fairly important though if you want to blood your own local youngsters into stars!

Thanks.

I've created schedules for every position I use, but I don't bother with pre season or youth schedules. I suppose I should really, but I found it quite a hassle shifting everyone between schedules at the start of each season.

You probably already know this but you dont need to change them one by one. You can select all of them then right click and change them all to the relevant schedule.

You probably already know this but you dont need to change them one by one. You can select all of them then right click and change them all to the relevant schedule.

My problem was I kept forgetting to move them back, I'd have them on intensive pre season training up until Christmas :(

My problem was I kept forgetting to move them back, I'd have them on intensive pre season training up until Christmas :(

That was always my problem when sending out players on loan. When they came back they would be stuck on general until I noticed. Thankfully this year players get put automatically on a schedule so it kinda helps a bit. Unless you have a DM/MC who gets put on general because the game doesnt know wether or not to put them on Defender or Midfielder schedule :(

I do create my own - both first team and U18's.

When players come back from loan and you get the message to say that the loan has finished you are given the training option in the news box - just set it from here.

Dafuge - it only takes 5 mins max when the new players are added to the youth team to move them - surely not too time consuming to ensure that they get the training they need to improve and some day become 1st team players?

Training and coaches are the first things I do every season as soon as new players come in or the start of a new game.

Dafuge - it only takes 5 mins max when the new players are added to the youth team to move them - surely not too time consuming to ensure that they get the training they need to improve and some day become 1st team players?

I don't have a youth team at the moment, they are so poor they get released immediately. When I was developing my local players with FM2010 I used youth schedules, but there's just no point in me doing it at the moment.

So what kind of schedules do you set your youth team? I'm guessing you set one for every position again but do you basically do the same schedule for the youths as the first teamers except maybe the workload wouldn't be as high? Or do you look at certain things? I read somewhere 'Tactical' is important for youngsters and it gives them a good understanding of the game and tactics involved and this one is most important so do you guys tend to look at things like this?:)

i create my own schedules, one for each general position eg, central defence, fullbacks, central midfield, wingers, strikers. i also further differentiate them for some unique positions such as sweeper (libero), dmc (playmaker), amc, inside forward etc etc.

for preseason, i just ensure theres plenty of friendlies. youths get promoted into my pro schedules asap.

i create my own schedules, one for each general position eg, central defence, fullbacks, central midfield, wingers, strikers. i also further differentiate them for some unique positions such as sweeper (libero), dmc (playmaker), amc, inside forward etc etc.

for preseason, i just ensure theres plenty of friendlies. youths get promoted into my pro schedules asap.

Is this for your youth team or your seniors?

I create schedule's for first and youth teams, create ones for: keeper, fullback, centre back, centre mid, attacking mid, wingers, strikers, attacking mids/strikers, defensive mid/centre mid.

that works out pretty well for me, have them all saved so when ever i start a new save i just have to import them on to the save :)

I have schedules for each first team position and seperate schedules for each youth team position as well. For the first team I try and have a balance between the fitness categories and the rest. I do like to have the tactical slider at just below heavy as well.

For the youth team I concentrate on skills and tactics and then allocate the rest to the fitness so the overall traning is just below heavy.

For the positions, I make a fullbacks, wingers, defensive mids and attacking mids schedule with the same workload as the standard schedules. My defenders go in the pre-generated defenders schedule, my goalkeepers in the pre-generated goalkeepers schedule etc.

Then, I create 2 heavy workload schedules with aerobic and strength training up 3 or so notches. One schedule for the defensive half for my team (light shooting training) and one for the attacking half of my team (light defensive training). Then I make schedules that do the same thing only with aerobic and strength training down 2 or 3 notches. I don't use them too much, but it helps for keeping low stamina/natural fitness players at full fitness in a busy schedule.

Archived