I'm sick and tired from this!!

Hello.I'm 2023 year with Torino I won a lot of trophies but my players want to leave me because they want new challenge...I talk with them, they apologize and after couple of days..the same.It's borring, if I suggest them new contract, they accept it and after some days they again want to leave..

Hello.I'm 2023 year with Torino I won a lot of trophies but my players want to leave me because they want new challenge...I talk with them, they apologize and after couple of days..the same.It's borring, if I suggest them new contract, they accept it and after some days they again want to leave..

It's another mechanism in the game that doesn't work as intended. What you describe has been happening for many versions and it's completely ridiculous.

It's another mechanism in the game that doesn't work as intended. What you describe has been happening for many versions and it's completely ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?

When a player has played for the same club for a long time some understandably want a change of scenery, its no different to any person in any job. Some people like to spend all career with the same firm others move on to seek a different challenge.

I feel FM represents this fairly well as I've had players wanting to move on but plenty that are happy to stay as well.

Why is it ridiculous?

When a player has played for the same club for a long time some understandably want a change of scenery, its no different to any person in any job. Some people like to spend all career with the same firm others move on to seek a different challenge.

I feel FM represents this fairly well as I've had players wanting to move on but plenty that are happy to stay as well.

I said the mechanism is ridiculous, not the feature.

Players can complain, then the manager speaks and they are ok. Then they complain in a month again. Then again the manager speaks and calms them down. Then they sign a new contract (!). After a month they complain again.

It's a broken feature. Another one.

I said the mechanism is ridiculous, not the feature.

Players can complain, then the manager speaks and they are ok. Then they complain in a month again. Then again the manager speaks and calms them down. Then they sign a new contract (!). After a month they complain again.

It's a broken feature. Another one.

Ah right, yes I would probably agree with you there that it could be improved.

I suppose its fair that a manager can speak to a player once and talk him round but doing it all the time doesn't make sense. Contract wise if he is towards the end of a contract and has been talked round then it seems fair as well (maybe only agreeing to short contracts) but agreeing contract extensions when he has over a season left on his contract doesn't make sense either.

Ah right, yes I would probably agree with you there that it could be improved.

I suppose its fair that a manager can speak to a player once and talk him round but doing it all the time doesn't make sense. Contract wise if he is towards the end of a contract and has been talked round then it seems fair as well (maybe only agreeing to short contracts) but agreeing contract extensions when he has over a season left on his contract doesn't make sense either.

That's what I think, too.

Not sure it is ridiculous, even players at huge clubs raking in trophies have been known to move on to a new challenge.

The problem is that we should not be able to repeatedly talk them down. This needs adjusting.

It is folly to believe that all our players should wish to stay for eternity rather than prove themselves in other leagues.

not sure if it is already in the game or could be implemented but how about a loyalty attribute? i.e say Giggs close to 20 and prehaps the likes of say Robbie keane(no disrespect) lower

just like players stats drop with age so could this specialy as older players tend to drop down the leagues.

im in the midlands and there are too many players to name that have say gone from villa/blues too wba/wolves then derby/walsall and in the case of Paul Merson even playing for the mighty Tamworth(note played 1 game then retired lol)

agree that its a good feature but when the player says it every week, and then says he was out of line etc in the chat, then 2 days later he is saying the same thing is a bit ridiculous. I had one saying he wanted a bigger challenge the day he signed a new deal! Basically signed the contract, stood up and said he wanted to move clubs?

Archived