No sound after sleep/hibernate mode

Hi all,

I usually do not exit fm 2011 but sleep or hibernate my laptop after saving the game. Everytime I resume the windows (win7), the "play sounds" box in the preferences section became unchecked. Changing the "sound cache" is not working. is there anyone facing the same problem or anyone having the solution? All help is appreciated :)

• 3 months later...

I've recently just got a new laptop and I'm getting it too, I guess there is no fix yet?

If I leave my laptop and it goes into sleep mode or if I press the 'padlock' button and it locks my laptop, when I log back on, the 'play all sounds' is unticked on FM11.

I never had that problem with my PC when it went into sleep mode.

A bit strange, it's nothing major though, just a simple going back into the prefrences/display & sound and re-ticking 'play all sounds' again. :thup:

I reported this months ago in the bugs forum only I notice it after the screen-saver has kicked in

the fix (and there is one) is to have your 'preferences/sound and display' screen up (but minimised - i.e. press windows key) when you go into hibernate/screensaver. When you return it shows the same screen and sounds should still be enabled...

if this screen is not the active one then the sound turn itself off

• 2 years later...

I couldn't find an explanation from SI for this. Why this is happening?

In the previous versions i was going to "preferences", then changing volume and testing and sound was coming back. It is not working for me now in FM 2014. I have to restart the game when this happens.

Archived