Post retirement plans

I don't often start new threads, so here's a rare one. Anyway it's just a bit of fun, this idea. :p

When a player in-game is approaching the end of his career, there would usually be a description of his plans, whether he wants to be a coach or manager or etc.

But a fair few players make it to the media, as commentators or what not. So I was thinking whether this could be one of the 'options' to be included.

Something like, "Considering a role in media after his career" or something like that.

And once he retires, he doesn't actually have to do anything in-game (like a normal retirement), except maybe have his name pop up occasionally, say at the start of commentary of a game, or in news items when he comment on some things.

It's a small thing, but I'm sure it'll be pretty fun.

Thoughts? :cool:

I'd rather SI sorted out bugs on important things than adding in features like this. I'm not saying its a bad feature, but I'd much rather have a new FM with no new features and less bugs for the next 2 or 3 years before they add in major stuff or minor stuff. But that's just not profitable in the short term...

I would like this. I would like if they went into the press and actually interviewed me at a press conference.

Maybe a way of making the conferences a little deeper, if they refer to your managment style if they played under you for some time etc

That's actually pretty good too.

I know not everybody would appreciate it, but it's a fun feature to have in the future. Might not even be for the next edition, but just something to consider.

Archived