Hardest Game Possible?

I've started a game as unemployed, got a job at Tamworth. Economy is insecure, the board expects us to fight bravely against relegation. In the next match "Tamworth face the impossible", "hoping for a miracle away to Luton." :-)

We beat Newport 5-0, and forced Eastbourne Borough to change goalkeeper after 28 minutes, leading 4-0. Maybe the job is tougher there? The matches against Mansfield (0-3) and Wimbledon (0-2) implies a tough season though.

Not in BSP but stafford have -10 point deduction due to administration which IRL never happened im trying my usual game with them got as far as league 2 in FM09 but no further

I started my game with Tamworth too, heck of a challenge. Seems nobody is interested in playing for the club, so it's extremely hard to buy or loan players, finances are razor thin, limited squad, etc. Ended 12th in my first season, thought it was pretty decent, bolted for a struggling League 1 team when they offered me the position, couldn't see doing any better sticking with Tamworth.

Even while saving the said League 1 team from relegation, they sacked me at the end of the season after just 6 months on the job, I went back to BSP to manage Accrington. But I ended up taking them to EPL in 8 seasons (2 seasons in BSC, 1 in League 2, 1 in League 1 and 3 in Championship).

Tamworth has never done any better, I made sure to look out for them, they've always finished lower half of the table for the past 10 years. At least they were never relegated.

I took over York with an £18k a week wage budget and £2k to spend and was told to get to the playoffs. I couldn't sign a single player worth having. Even the ones recommended by the assistant at the start refused to join because we couldn't pay them enough. Fortunately I signed two excellent loan players immediately and another two a couple of months later. Just into January the 6th month contract negotiations came up for almost the entire team. They all want paying more. As I was top by 1point i paid 90% of them rather than risk them all becoming unhappy. My wage bill immediately went up £24k and the board started moaning constantly. We won the league by 1 point and got promoted. We also won the FA Trophy, and I hoped that the 78k crowd might put some money into the coffers. Were the board happy to increase the budgets next year? No. I got the same 18kpw wage budget - despite already being over it by 6kpw, and a transfer budget of 8k. They expected to avoid relegation. If I guaranteed the playoffs they would give £20kpw and a budget of 12k. Needless to say I opted for promising safety. Fortunately, with some wheeler-dealing I off-loaded some useless players, signed three decent loanees, picked up two superb youngsters and a clutch of seasoned vets, kept the wage budget the same - cue constant moaning again - but steamrollered the division. Home record of 21w-2d-0l, 111 points, 100+ goals. Finally, after promotion, I've got a wage budget of 34kpw and 80k to spend in div 1!

Here's the career i have at the moment to spice the game up abit.

The idea..... I started a new save as a premiership team and in the 1st season managed a team in every division. For example, i started off at Man utd in July, in October i moved to palace, in Janurary Oldham, Feburary Port vale and in April finished off at forest green.

The idea of the challenge is to return to managing my original club,Man utd. However.. i MUST follow the same club route i came down.

This is my route..

Season One. Man utd, palace, Oldham, Port Vale, Forest Green.

Season Two. Forest Green (BSP)

Season Three. Forest Green (L2)

Season Four. Forest Green (L2)

Season Five. Forest Green (L1) and Port Vale (L2)

Season Six. Port Vale (L2)

Season Seven. Port Vale (L1)

Season Eight. Port Vale (L1) Oldham (L1)

Season Nine. Oldham (CH)

Season Ten. Oldham (PRM)

Season Eleven. Crystal Palace (CH)

Season Twelve. Crystal Palace (PRM)

To be continued.......

Archived