Converting one-on-ones

How many one-on-ones should be scored?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How many one-on-ones should be scored?

• 0 or 1

The question is far too ambiguous, finishing and composure even in combination with 'other striking related stats' aren't enough to judge the likelihood of scoring from 1 on 1 situations. His hidden stats like big games, pressure etc along with even seemingly quite unrelated things like bravery and injury proneness could all be argued for as factors: eg. Striker gets 1v1 and keeper is rushing out to narrow the angle, sure finishing + composure being 20 on the face of it makes it a stick on goal, but if he has injury proneness 15+ on top of handling pressure and bravery <5 you'd start to fancy his chances a lot less.

I know it's more complicated that the question asks. I've tried to simplify it to get the general publics feel for what a top striker's conversion rate should be as there have been several threads complaining about finishing chances.

Although I've never seen anything before that indicates that injury proneness or bravery has anything to do with the situations. Have you got a source for that?

I would like him to score at least 5 or 6 in RL but in the game, the way the match engine works and they converted the majority you would be gettin silly results such as 9-8 etc, i would like to see fewer one on ones but more of the few one on ones converted :)

anyone that got a 20 for finishing has that stat because irl he would be capable of scoring the vast majority of 1 on 1's he is allowed. rvn, ronaldo (r9) etc would surely score over 70% of 1v1's. imo the best of strikers should be scoring 9/10 1v1's which are usually considered a great chance to score, that doesn not happen often irl (at highest levels of play).

what is the importance of the finishing stat then, if mental attributes and technical attributes etc has a higher weighting on whether he scores 1v1's or not?

Was it 08 where people were screaming left and right that scores ended up 4-3, 5-4 most of the time because finishing is too good?

Maybe if each match only create 3 1-on-1 in total then we can have those super finishing. But it would be a very boring game.

Was it 08 where people were screaming left and right that scores ended up 4-3, 5-4 most of the time because finishing is too good?

Maybe if each match only create 3 1-on-1 in total then we can have those super finishing. But it would be a very boring game.

and that is what we need. The game to create less 1-1's and for the players to score on many many more of them. It's really stupid as it is right now, football players really dont miss that many 1 on 1's.

Archived