No job offers

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this. I'm manager of rangers, won the league the past four years, cup wins and decent runs in Europe. But not once has another club voiced even an interest in making me their new manager when a vacancy arises. Just compared to last years game this seems a bit odd? I'm no too bothered right now as I want to win ten in a row but in future yes.

Is there something I'm missing?

It's a bug I think something that should be sorted during the next patch

I don't have FM11, but I cannot believe it is as error riddled as everyone is saying. Every outcome that isn't exactly as the individual expects it to be can't be considered a bug.

If your nationality is Scottish and you were succesful with Rangers in real life, then in real life you're only likely to move to the Scotland job, or a decent English club.

If your nationality isn't UK & Irish, I would expect IRL you'd be more likely to receive offers from further Europe.

A British manager working abroad IRL is quite rare IMO, you have to have a tarnished reputation at home (Steve McLaren), or you have a chance to manage a massive club (Bobby Robson), you're moving to an english speaking nation or you fancy a big pay day in somewhere like Japan/Qatar.

From what you are saying, you're getting less attention, I'd say it was an improvment on previous games, but I'd like to know things like Nationality / Leagues loaded before finalising this opinion.

I was with Ajax for four seasons and won everything except the Champions League. During the last 2 seasons I got 3 job offers and rejected 2 of them.

As I was getting bored of winning and wanting a new challenge I accepted the Corinthian job offer taking over after there manager left after 7 games in charge leaving them 10th in the Brazillian league. The team have now played 13 games and are 2nd 1 point off top.

I was hoping when I was at Ajax I would get offered a decent Premiership club to save from relegation. However when I declared interest in these the boards just laughed at me. I had a continental reputation. I think it depends on the reputation of the league your managing in and your rep. However I am suprised you have not had 1 offer yet even if you didnt want to go there

While i was managing Fenerbahce i grapped two division titles, 2 national cups and EURO Cup.

I demand to improve the training facilities from the board but they rejected.

After all i gave them an ultimatom and they offer me a chance to resign then i resigned and waited for the job offers.

Half of the season i started to apply clubs like Chelsea, Milan and Valencia but all this kind of Continental clubs had rejected me. :(

At least i decided to apply a decent Premiership club.

Manu signed Moyes so i had applied to Everton but they rejected.

Everton signed Curbisley from Newcastle, i had applied to Newcastle but they rejected.

At least West Ham sacked Grant while they were 19th 3 points up to Derby.

I had applied and they accepted me.

It doesn't work like the old Fm series.

In old series, when i won a cup in Europe with Fenerbahce, at my 3rd or 4th season bigger clubs like Manu, Chelsea, Milan or Juve were offering me jobs... :)

I decided to go on a career challenge. Took Havent and Waterloo from the blue square south to the championship in consecutive seasons mainly via the playoffs.

Nobody cared. I was desperate to move on but I wasn't even being linked with any other jobs except for the Cardiff job after they were relegated to league one. I think that was only because I had them as my favorite team and I still didn't get that job!! In the end I was stuck in a dead end job with an 8000 stadium and having a ridiculously tight wage and transfer budget. I got board and quit. Quite sad really because I have never had a career game, I am nearly always a one man club!

Dafuge and a few others have still managed to have pretty good journeyman careers in the Careers Update thread.

Everyone should be able to enjoy journeyman saves, not just legends. I see your point though.

I have had some great journeyman careers but I do note that I always have to take a small step backwards when I want to move on, regardless of how sucessful I've been.

Archived