Why the french

I don't like to spend much money after the second season (unless i get enough for messi/cronaldo) so i always look at 4star potential under 18s and most of them are brazilian and argentine superstars which i expect but i never buy south americans mostly due to that wait til their 18 rule, in europe you get 4 or 5 from italy, germany and holland a few more from spain and england but france have an unbelievable amount of potential wonderkid regens and i don't get that

even worse is the fact that they are all valued at over 2mil at the age of 15 when they've only just come through the academy

i'm sorry but how often exactly does france produce such amazing players especially in comparison with holland and spain?

yeah i've actually tried getting gems from nations you wouldn't normally look for stars, i had uruguay columbia and singapore in one of my inter games and after 12 seasons not one player from those countries came through with at least 2.5* potential

The overpowered French players have been a problem for a few FM versions now. I would suggest that the French researchers are maybe not quite using the same standard of judgement as every other research groups.

ive always wondered about the research, how is it moderated? Like for example if I was researching my beloved Torquay and recommended a player had a 190+ PA who would I have to run that by and how would I have to justify it? If indeed they do recommend PA, or just general attributes maybe?

Not a dig at the researchers just curious as to how it works, I know there's a few on the forums would be great to know more about it.

Used to have issues with mass amounts of uber French wonderkids in previous versions, not had many in FM11 though, Spain and Italy mostly. Can never get any decent Danish talent though!!!

Agree, less french uber regens in FM11. Much better :) Can't get any good Swedish regens either...!! :(

my arsenal academy even brings through french stars which is odd, in the last 2 years i've had three french kids come through the academy with 3+* potential but as long as they're french, brazilian or argentinian i don't want them at the club

the main problem i reckon is the prices that they come about at, i thinks its a bit more understandable when its argentines and brazilians worth about 2m at 16 cos they've always been overrated and overvalued but "why the French?"

Plenty of newgens have absurd pricetags, I suppose heavily based on their Potential only, without any realistic relation to their actual/current skills.

It gets worse in smaller nations (as I reported in a similar thread some weeks ago), when utterly mediocre newgens with theoretically high potential (but almost impossible to fulfill due to ridiculously low starting ability...) are valued, and often sold, for the same amount of money you'd need to spend to sign a leading star in the same league.

As soon a newgen appears in the game, scouts and "the game itself" will calculate the value ignoring the ACTUAL SKILL of the player, and just adjust it according to his nationality, PA and club reputation.

Archived