My Ipswich Town FMi11 career...

hi fella's

thought i'd share with you my first 10 years of my career with my home town club Ipswich.

its a .pdf file and can be downloaded by clicking this link - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGCRUW97

basically its 10 pages with a review of each of the seasons, then an 11th page with an overview of the previous 10 years showing what ive won, my managerial stats, and a couple of other things.

hope you enjoy reading it IF you download it.

cheers

----------------------------

UPDATE _ PART 2!

link for the first 20 seasons... http://rapidshare.com/files/455326885/Fmi_Career.pdf

• SI Staff

Thats an awesome document - well laid out and interesting reading :D

Out of interest - you've become the dominant force in the Premiership by the looks of things, are any clubs pushing you for the title or are you rolling through them generally?

(and what tactic are you using, or does it vary?)

Thats an awesome document - well laid out and interesting reading :D

Out of interest - you've become the dominant force in the Premiership by the looks of things, are any clubs pushing you for the title or are you rolling through them generally?

(and what tactic are you using, or does it vary?)

i havent been in a good fight for about 4 seasons, that was by chelsea... i was struggling for goals so in the january transfer window i brought Edin Dzeko of them for 30 odd million and he made the difference lol.

recently tho the big teams seem to get beaten fairly easily and i am the only team that gets any real consistancy

tactics, i use either 433 or 442, then just modify them to fit my needs

That document is brilliantly presented, well done :thup:

However, reading through it I get the feeling this game appears too easy to beat. Having won the Premiership within 3 seasons with little squad improvement and then winning it every year afterwards is ridiculous in my opinion. Also, Berbatov in for free??

• SI Staff
However, reading through it I get the feeling this game appears too easy to beat. Having won the Premiership within 3 seasons with little squad improvement and then winning it every year afterwards is ridiculous in my opinion. Also, Berbatov in for free??

A lot depends on how much you've played the game imho - if you've played it a lot then you already have a decent idea of which youngsters might become good, which tactics might suit your team etc.

With regards to Berbatov; depends entirely on the situation - players do leave on bosmans or he might be in his 30's when he became available and thus not as in demand etc. (haven't checked which season it was) ..... difficulty is a hard thing to determine tbh, for everyone crying the games too easy there is generally also someone who thinks its too hard .... but it is something I'm constantly keeping an eye on.

tbh i was surprised we won the premier league in only our second season in the division, i mainly brought in youngsters, all of which had pretty good stats so i decided just to throw them in and see how they get on

as the seasons go on its gotten easier as i know what im looking for in regens, so ive got a basic idea of how they will turn out in 3 or 4 years time. for example i signed Jorge Chaves in season 5 and now hes starting to show his real potential. i have signed quite a few players who have good enough stats but just dont seem to be able to perform for me, so they've been sold on

im now in season 11 and have just taken the England job, im thinking of leaving Ipswich after the 2022 world cup then possibly moving to a newly promoted team in spain and see how i get on there. altho id like to stay with Ipswich for the full 30 seasons... im not sure what to do

as for Berbatov... he was released by Utd, and its was pretty easy to sign him, he had no other offers and he didnt really ask for any thing silly in wages (think it was about 60k)

• 1 month later...

Great reading to see what you won and spent. Clearly the defining moment was when the billionaire stepped in and handed over enormous sums of money. I was gob-smacked to see how much it went up each year. Even Abramovich reigned his spending in for a few seasons. I have a 10 year game with Leeds and though we've won the PL and Champs League multiple times, I've only ever had "some foreign investment", just an extra £20m here and there, not the billionaire bonanza. Early on on your results thread though, I see you list an FA Cup win against Middlesborough, three seasons on the trot, with a 2-1 result each time. Is that right?

. Early on on your results thread though, I see you list an FA Cup win against Middlesborough, three seasons on the trot, with a 2-1 result each time. Is that right?

just looked at it and it is wrong... 2011/12 i won 2-1 against Boro, 2012/13 i lost in the 4th rnd against Arsenal and in 1013/14 i beat Boro 2-1 again. ive just forgotten to edit the 2012/13 cup performances.

Archived