Teams performances following your departure?

Anybody ever check how a team you've managed performs after you have moved on from the club? Anyones title contenders suddenly dropped to fighting off relegation? Or relegation candidates becoming promotion candidates? Or has the squad stayed roughly abouts where you left it?

On my current save game, I left Liverpool after winning the title and league cup in the first season, and now they've dropped all the way down to 11th in the league and have seemingly dropped a number of my signings, including players like Sami Khedira and Fabio Coentrao under the new manager Roberto Mancini and they are struggling to pick up wins. His latest squad even had Steven Gerrard at right back...

Yep, I always do. Normally they always tear your team apart and start going down the slippery slope. I check there transfers out and they made some crazy buys and sales.

Left Wolves after spending four seasons there, relegation candidates when I joined (In prem). steadily improved in league each season with little cup runs. 4th Season was amazing, Winning the Carlling Cup, finals of FA cup and Europa League and 4th in the Prem qualifying for the Champions league, Im sure it would of been even better if not for the severe fixture congestion towards to end (Games every 2-3days). Not amazing I know but im not a very good FM player so this was amzing for me.

Fast froward to the end of wolves 1st season without me and they get knocked out at the first rounds they enter in both domestic cups and only finish 6th in prem, they did do decent in UCL (1st knockout round) but im sure I wouleve done loads better :p (Keep in mind the club would of had LOADS of money from TV and prize money from last season)

Here is what has happened to the clubs I've left:

Havant & Waterlooville - consistent finishes for a bit but it took 13 years before they were relegated

Oxford United - as above, but relegated after 7 years

Sabadell - I left with them bottom of the league, the new manager kept them up and then pushed up the league in the following seasons. 7 years later and they are bouncing between the leagues.

Valencia - I left as champions, they dropped down a bit and finished top six for a few years before winning the title again.

Bayer Leverkusen - I left as champions, they have continued it with 3 titles in 4 years.

In summary, the managers that have taken over from me have usually been able to continue my success, but they lack the long term strategy that I have.

I never let the AI manage Chelsea, hence why I play two managers. Cant be dealing with some idiot selling the likes of Lampard and Cech or any amazing CB I have took the time to sign and turn into a world class player. I

I was with Kaizer Chiefs and managed to sign Benny Mcarthy and he was doing well with Nengomasha and Tshabalalalalalala and when I left, the guy sold all 3 of them and didnt replace them, dno what he did with the 6 Mill he got

left a club, went to manage a nation ready for the world cup qualifies( because i cud not be bothered to manage to teams), and they finished 4th! sold a player i bought for 7mill...sold to man city for 22mill!!!! and then they fking sold him to sampdoria or somewhere for 49.5million!! im like O_O

Archived