Why do loan players reject moves?

The player in question just turned down a loan move to Leeds, they are newly promoted to the EPL so it would have been a good standard for him, they wanted him as a first team player so he would have got lots of football and he is hoping to gain experience from going on loan so he doesn't think he's to good to be loaned out.

Why on earth would he reject it? What other factors (official, not make believe) are taken into account?

I don't know but it doesnt always make sense. I have loaned premier league players in the low leagues sometimes and been in the championship and a similar player would reject me.

I have loaned a player, got promoted, that player has now decided my club is his favourite club, his status is hoping to go out on loan to get experience or whatever and I try to loan him again and he wont come.

Completly random maybe.

Sometimes they reject me then go out on loan to a smaller club.

I'm finding it really frustrating when this happens. It would be nice if there was something official about whats being taken into account as sometimes it just makes no sense.

In reality, if a young player is told he is going on loan to develop his football, then there generally isn't much argument or complaint as any footballer with anything about them, wants first team football. Right?

Could it be considered a bug?

The whole loan system frustrates me, and there have been so many issues with it over the years.

- I have wonderkids who want to go on loan that nobody wants

- I have wonderkids on loan, who don't get played

- I have average youth players who don't want to go on loan

- I have players rotting in the reserves, who are unhappy with the lack of first team football who don't want to go on loan and nobody wants

Archived