Match Days!!!

How do you watch a match in FM  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch a match in FM

• 3D/2D Full match
    • 3D/2D Highlights
    • 3D/2D Goal Highlights
    • Commentary Only

I never had the ability to use the 3d match engine until I got a new system. I used to use commentary the whole time as it was the fastest to get through the game, but ever since I got 11 I love watching the 3D. SI do need to fix the crowd issues though

i reaaly did think there'd be more people like me who use commentary only!!! i'm shocked

Don't worry. I'm with you on that one.

Have been playing with commentary only, since the good old days. (Premier Manager '92)

With the amount of hours i spend playing FM now, i doubt the wifey would appreciate me adding more to the total.

I'm watching my games in 3D view at the moment, although I did switch back to commentary only for a while last year once my tactics/squad was settled and I'd had enough of watching the matches. I use 2D to set up my tactics, but that is it. I see 2D more as a tactics board rather than a way of watching my matches.

3D and key highlights for me. And apparently "Key" means watching players walk from corner kick to corner kick & other time consuming events..

The 3D engine, while certainly in dire need of patching, still provides you with some nice goals. Match situations is one area of the game where I do NOT want to have to use my own imagination. The technology is there, so I use it.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the 3D match engine is over rated??? i've played with commentary only for years and

its the only way for me!!! or maybe im just a dinosaur who isnt moving with the times!!!

You are a dino mate :D

I've been playing since the very beginning and was sad to leave text only when going to 2d. However the 3d view is really good and more than once my other half has comme in to the computer room saying "I didn't know Pompey was on tv"

Can you remember going back to the text days when we had a famous commentator doing the commentary in FM, or CM as it was then :D

You are a dino mate :D

I've been playing since the very beginning and was sad to leave text only when going to 2d. However the 3d view is really good and more than once my other half has comme in to the computer room saying "I didn't know Pompey was on tv"

Can you remember going back to the text days when we had a famous commentator doing the commentary in FM, or CM as it was then :D

I think you need to book the other half an opticians appointment...

After all the awful misses I see in the 3d engine perhaps I might have been happier with just commentary, but I stick to 3D, with key highlights and no replays. I do think it does need tweaking some though, especially to remove all the "walking to the corner flag" bits.

3d is smooth for me, but I just prefer 2d classic. I started with CM01-02, then CM4 + 5 and got used to 2d. CM06/07/08 turned me off 3d, and FM2008 was when I started properly playing the game - e.g. seasons lasting more than a couple of seasons and I've stuck with 2d classic ever since.

Does anyone use the other 2d option? I just find it weird tbh...

After all the awful misses I see in the 3d engine perhaps I might have been happier with just commentary, but I stick to 3D, with key highlights and no replays. I do think it does need tweaking some though, especially to remove all the "walking to the corner flag" bits.

My exact same thoughts... I still like the 3D even though it needs some fixing..

I personally enjoy watching the 3D in Full Match mode (only when I'm playing my First Team & friendlies though). I can't stand anything like Commentary Only cos I wanna watch the match not read it. Plus I think I just get a better idea how the match is going and who is playing better (or who's playing crap) by WATCHING it. For me you can't tell that by the Commentary Only. The graphics for the 3D isn't out of this world no but I personally think that for a Football Sim it's pretty decent seeing as the graphics in the 3D part is not the main focus for the game.

I enjoy watching the match in 3D even though it can get frustrating at times watching it but then again - who doesn't get frustrated in real life by watching their team sometimes?

Archived