Richard Wright is a mental

That is a strange thing to see in a game.

Hopfully my keepers will never have a freak injury.

What was that player called who recently fell through his glass table IRL? & formost how unlucky must you be!

Done some googling, and have come up with some beauties!

Thierry Henry once required treatment after hitting himself in the face with a corner flag whilst celebrating a goal.

In the seventies sometime a Norwegian international defender called Svein Grondalen had to pull out of a match because he injured himself whilst out jogging....he ran into a moose!

Chic Brodie was a Brentford goalkeeper whose career was ended following a mid-match collision...with a dog that had invaded the pitch.

A 25 year old Indonesian star called Mistar was killed by a herd of pigs that invaded his clubs training pitch

Barnsley player Darren Barnard slipped in a puddle of his dogs pee, which gave him ligament damage that kept him out for five months.

Arsenal legend Charlie George apparently never recovered after cutting off his big toe with his lawnmower.

The list is endless, and hilarious!

Come on SI, get some of these in the game! icon_wink.gif

All goalkeepers secretly want to play outfield lol maybe he was just playing as a striker or something in a training session. Wasn't there also that brazilian player or something that was an outfield player but broke his arm playing in goal during a training session in a world cup a few years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gauvner:

That is a strange thing to see in a game.

Hopfully my keepers will never have a freak injury.

What was that player called who recently fell through his glass table IRL? & formost how unlucky must you be! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was mark fish i think, ex charlton & it was more then 3 years ago i think.

Yup thank you i did mean Derek Lyle icon_smile.gif

Also found another one...

GK Dave Beasant

Famously dropped a jar of salad cream on his foot in the 1993 pre-season and was out for two-and-a-half months.

ST Darius Vassell

While at Aston Villa, Vassell picked up a nasty infection after using a power drill to cut through his toenail and drain a blister in a bit of DIY surgery.

Santiago Canizares missed the 2006 World Cup after dropping something mundane on his foot. I believe it was a can of deodorant or something of that ilk.

Anyway, Iker Casillas came in for him and Canizares never got his place back!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Didn't Rio Ferdinand miss part of a season for Leeds when he pulled a muscle in his leg playing on his PS2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He fell asleep with his feet up on the coffee table and cramped some tendon or hamstring or something. 6 weeks out if memory serves.

Reading this thread has meant I've spent the last few hours at work looking up comedy football injuries on the net icon_redface.gif

I've found a couple of beauties though:

In November 2006, Sheffield United goalkeeper Paddy Kenny required twelve stitches after he had his eyebrow bitten off in a drunken brawl in a curry house in Halifax.

Milan Rapaic once missed the start of Hajduk Split's season after sticking his boarding-pass in his eye at the airport.

Stalybridge Celtic keeper Mark Statham missed a game in 1999 after trapping his head in a car door. We presume that his absence was caused by a resulting injury (rather than that he was still stuck in the car at kick-off) but we don't know what the injury was.

Archived