Dilemma

Been managing Ajax for four seasons and won everything each season except Champions cup.

First season of Champions cup knocked out at league stage

Second season of Champions cup knocked out at quarter final stage

Third season of Champions cup knocked out at First knockout stage

Fourth season of Champions cup knocked out at Semi Final stage lost first leg 5-0 but came back in 2nd leg to win 3-2 ve Olympique Lionnais

Over the course of my 4 years I have been backed by the board and spent a total of 94 million with sales of 26 million. At the end of the last season I have been left with 10 million in the bank and belive that my transfer budget will be very low for the following season as I generlly finish with 25 - 30 mill. All the money has gone on the transfers in an attempt for me to win the Champions League but as the league and cup prize money is relativley low in terms of what I have spent on players, wages and bonuses the money is running out unless I sell some of my better pllayers.

My intention is to have a journeyman game picking and choosing the clubs I go to. My contract runs out at the end of my 5th season and I currently have continental reputation I am getting a bit bored of winning everything all the time and would like a new challenge once the contract is finished.

However I have just had a job offer from Corinthians and cannot decide weather to take it or not of finish off the last season of my contract at Ajax just for one last stab at the Champions league.

What would you do?

I would like to try and get 10 responses by midnight if poss so I can decide on what to do by taking the most votes. Should really have done this as a poll but forgot to attach one.

Come on guys what should I do 10 responses by midnight please!!!

My future is in your hands

i would stick it out for another year mate, it sounds like the champions cup is a holy grail for you and from my experience managing in Brazil you will probably get bored a lot quicker than with Ajax especially without the Champs Cup. If you have a continental rep you will surely get a job offer at a big european side with at least an outside chance of CC success and even if it is in The Dutch league i think that is more challenging than being corinthians

Archived