Bidding Wars

I really hate these.

You know whenever your scout finds a really cheap yet good looking player that nobody else apparently knows about, so you make an offer. It gets accepted and then suddenly a number of teams just flood that club with offers.

Yeah I guess it sort of reflects what would happen in real life with the transfer getting 'leaked' so the club could get as much money as possible. But in the game that's not really true, as all the clubs offer the same price and it is presumably down to the player to choose. Plus I'm playing as a modest club (Real Sociedad) so I can't really compete on wages due to the low wage budget and me not wanting to cripple them financially.

Not really a complaint per se, just very irksome as I just keep getting excited about players only to lose out on them.

Totally agree. Why would you 'leak' the transfer if the AI is just going to bid as much as you did.

'You' wouldn't. But the selling club is going to obviously, as is the player's agent.

I personally find that the game is very accomodating in this regard anyway. I'm Everton and I usually win out against clubs like United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool etc despite them being clubs with a higher profile. Possibly to do with what squad status you are offering them.

Another thing to try is offering the agent more money. I'm sure that affects things as well. I'm not opposed to bunging the agent a mill or two if I really want the player.

'You' wouldn't. But the selling club is going to obviously, as is the player's agent.

I personally find that the game is very accomodating in this regard anyway. I'm Everton and I usually win out against clubs like United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool etc despite them being clubs with a higher profile. Possibly to do with what squad status you are offering them.

Another thing to try is offering the agent more money. I'm sure that affects things as well. I'm not opposed to bunging the agent a mill or two if I really want the player.

It's more to do with the general point of say a club happy to accept a bid of £1M from you, why would they then not ask other clubs to stump up more, like £1.3M or £1.5M to try and extract as much of the deal as possible?

Every time I've had a player turned me down and signed for another club instead, I check the salary they signed for and it's always lower than what I was offering. I know there may be other factors, but I always just put it down to that player being effing stupid. So in my mind I just tell that player to eff off and I never ever try to sign him again even if he becomes available.

The wages a player asks for really does my head in, in my QPR save Daniel Sturridge became a free agent so i tried to sign him as a squad player. His initial demands were £79,000 a week. I laughed and walked away, signed jordan ayew instead. I then saw that he'd signed for another team(cant remember who?) on £11,000 a week?!?!?!

It's more to do with the general point of say a club happy to accept a bid of £1M from you, why would they then not ask other clubs to stump up more, like £1.3M or £1.5M to try and extract as much of the deal as possible?

The value of the transfer has been pre-determined before any offer is made, which means that clubs cannot negotiate at all. 90% of the time clubs will make offers with the non-negotiable clause, and even if not, the clubs will withdraw their offers as soon as the amount is raised.

Bidding wars are fun. Especially when its against a rival.

And if I happen to lose, I am confident that the day will come when I make the player regret not joining my club.

What I don't like is when a bunch of teams Identical bids for one of your players. Who would think that ten teams would all think that 2 million up front and 500,000 over 12 months would woo me.....

Archived