Funny story, my little bros better then me..

heres the story i have been playing FM from the 2007 game until now and i still consider myself to be learning the game. i have had some trophy wins but nothing major a few league wins with teams that are favorite but no cups and i lost in my only champs league final. however..

my little brother who had never played the game before and i kept telling him to have a go telling him how wicked the game is so he has a go. he started a season with manchester united the team we both support and he only bloomin wins the treble !! needless to say i was pretty jelous.. lol

any way i told him he was cheating because he started the game with transfer funds on which i feel is cheating... lol

just thought id share that story chears!

I've been playing since CM03/04 and I'm still learning. Couldn't care less about personalities or eccentricity of the GK until a week ago. :D Also, are you sure your brother didn't use save/load? I find it hard to believe that he can win the treble without any prior experience. I have yet to win the treble for god sake ( ..probably because each year I start with the worst team in the history of english footbal and always get bored when the assman starts recommending me how I should manage my team. )

im pretty sure he didnt use the save/load cheat but he did ask me for loads and loads of advice before and during his season i told him most of the things it took me ages to work out.. lol

and me too, half of my mates take the pee when im playing it and i suddenly scream GET IN !!! when i get a big goal and some of them like to watch and help me play but none of them play the game themselfs..

i regret letting the bro play it now coz he always wants to play now and its on my laptop never mind.. at least im not now the only person i know addicted to this game.

How is starting the summer window with transfer funds in anyway cheating?

its not. but i don't have them as it takes away the realism, i don't like it when you have only just started the game and man city have already brought every decent player worth having lol. i just told him that coz i was annoyed he had won the treble and id been playing for years... it was a joke

p.s you not THE marc albrighton are you ?? from villa that would be cool...

This reminds me of a game I played with my (now) wife on CM (may have been 01/02, or before that). We started in the French league and I took on the best team, Monaco. She insisted on managing Auxerre, who had a few good players but were rank outsiders.

I uttered the dreaded words 'are you sure you want to be them? you will really struggle'.

I finished mid table, she won the league :(

How is starting the summer window with transfer funds in anyway cheating?

Some may consider it cheating as the team you choose to manage will have already made their summer transfers and they may find it unrealistic.

This reminds me of a game I played with my (now) wife on CM (may have been 01/02, or before that). We started in the French league and I took on the best team, Monaco. She insisted on managing Auxerre, who had a few good players but were rank outsiders.

I uttered the dreaded words 'are you sure you want to be them? you will really struggle'.

I finished mid table, she won the league :(

A wife who not only plays FM but is also good at it your a very lucky man my friend

Archived