Shouting

I've read a lot about touchline shouts al over the forum, but I have never been able to give one. Apparently the button is underneath my team name on the match screen, but nowhere do I get options saying 'retain possession' and the like. There's an inactive looking button saying 'Instructions' but I have never been able to click on it. What game mode do you have to watch in to be able to do touchline shouts? I watch on either touchline or tv view with key highlights mode. Running the game through steam on a macbook.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks Cougar. I've made tactics based on past saved formations (so used the sliders). That would make sense, although pretty dumb imo. Do you recommend I change to the tactics creator? I don't feel like I have as much control with it, but if I get to use the shouts then it makes sense.

Thanks Cougar. I've made tactics based on past saved formations (so used the sliders). That would make sense, although pretty dumb imo. Do you recommend I change to the tactics creator? I don't feel like I have as much control with it, but if I get to use the shouts then it makes sense.

Definitely the tactics creator is a real step forward from the sliders. The sliders still exist but they are in the background and its much more natural to give a player a position & role rather than steps on a slider. You also have advanced instructions to tweak the basic role setting and then once in the match you have the shouts.

Maybe its fair to say you have slightly less control than you had with the sliders but it fits in much better and adds to the game experience.

In terms of switching back I'm not sure you can. I think you may have to backup your saves then reinstall FM.

the tactics creater is fantastic and still gives you plent of options, plus it opens up the touchline shouts which in essence is just you chaning certain sliders during the game anyway.

Thanks mate. Will just try to convert my current tactics into the creator version and see how it goes.

you can still click the advanced option after you have created your tactics which gives you heaps of options and still keeps the touchline shouts active. I have used the tactics creater since it came out and i think its miles better than the sliders, but everyone enjoys that side of things in their own way, give it a bash and see how you get on.

Archived