SPL Reserve League

Anybody who has played as any team in the SPL will no doubt know about the lack of any reserve league. And therefore the inherint severe/lack of match fitness prctise suffered by most backup players.

This means that every season i spent a fair bit of time arranging freindlys against other reserve teams. Only thing is it can be a bit tricky getting otyher reserve teams to accept proposals. I find that Spanish B and C teams are generally keen. But still its a pain in the ass!!

Anyone do anything similiar or different?

On that note, i think it would be a nice touch if when u click to have ur assistant arrange friendlies for you that you could state that you want them to run over the course of the entire season. Saves you doing this. Alternatively, before a few big games have a chat with your assistant to explain that you would like him to arrange a few easy/hard friendlies in preperation for these games.

Just a thought

I tend to schedule them a lot more varied, and more regular than once a week. Non league teams ounds a bit easy. I want my players challenged. SPanish B teams always accept, apart from the big 2. and more often thannot they are pretty competitive meaning better match practise imo. A nice side point is the fact that if one player constantly shines against you rlot then you can scout them personally. Ive found a few nice bargains this way! :)

Archived