FM2011 - Close Ladder Finishes Thread

I've seen a few threads int he past about close finishes in their respective leagues so thought I would start a thread about it so other people can add their own close finish, wether its with their own club or others in the same league they are in.

I'm Liverpool manager, and please ignore my obvious cheating with a trusty .dll file with FMRTE. Just posting this due to the close religation dog fight & the positions of Europe qualification for a few teams in the top 7.

closeladder1997934.jpg

and the fixtures on the lady day are as follows (for the teams in the red rectangles only)

Newcastle vs Manchester City

Liverpool vs Wolves

Aston Villa vs Arsenal

Stoke vs Bolton

Blackburn vs Sheffield United

Chelsea vs West Ham

Derby vs Everton

All very exciting to see where these 8 clubs will finish. Amazing finish to the season, Never been this close ever before for so many positions in any CM/FM save I have ever been involved in since I started with CM 01/02

lol @ 632 goals scored...n gog mustve really stepped up to replace Torres lol

ha ha, ngog was sold off on day 1 ! Suarez and Bojan. I said to ignore my .dll/FMRTE cheating.

Man City finished 5th

Aston Villa 6th

West Ham 7thre religated

West Ham, Newcastle & Bolton got religated. Time to look through those 3 clubs for young expensive talent to buy on the cheap now they are religated

umm, wut? You're managing Benfica, or so it seems.

My mistake, maybe I should have clarified this wasn't current.

This was 2 1/2 seasons ago (check the year of the table and compare it to that of my current date). I was in charge of Raith at the time, my exploits with them helped me onto bigger and better things, hence me now being at Benfica.

Screenshot2011-02-28at124419.png

I took over at Wycombe half way through the season (media prediction 3rd, but lying in 12th after 20 games or so). When it got to 14 games remaining, I was 14 pts from the top. Somehow went into the last day of the season still mathematically able to win the league, and the way other results went meant a win by 2 or more would have got me the title. The race was so close that losing 1-0 (to a mid-table side in poor form :( ) meant I never even made the automatic promotion spots, and I never made it through the playoffs.

Crawley, Tranmere and Gillingham all went into the final day of the season still with a chance of the final playoff spot, too, and there were three still fighting to avoid the last relegation place (which had belonged to Torquay before the last set of games).

Archived