Relaying the pitch.

Hi there, two questions about the option of relaying the pitch.

First of all, is it possible that the board will automatically relay the pitch after something like 2/3 years ?

Because it seems that my board is doing it, even if the pitch is in a good condition.

And how much does it cost ? Because im not that rich at all (moving between 200K€ and...0 during the season), and i hope this is not a problem...

Thanks for your help...

Do you check the pitch before they relay it or just after they have relaid it? The board may just want to have a good playing surface and if you play passing football it helps. Regarding the cost I'm not to sure but I would guess it costs about £200k or so. Maybe more, maybe less :thup:.

I have never checked it right before they relay it, but it was done "automatically" after, at best, 3 years.

I dont think its long enough to destroy a pitch with only 18 games/year.

For the cost, as i said, i have never reached more than 200.000€-220.000€ on the club's account, so it has to be much less, because the board did relay the pitch at least twice during the last 5 seasons...but when i checked on the financial datas, i just cant find out what is the real cost of the operation.

For my last one, the expenses for the months are as high as 120.000€, but with only 55.000€ when we exclude the players' wages.

Huddersfield are having their pitch relaid at the end of this season, and it's going to cost AT LEAST £500k (but we do have Desso Grassmaster installed too)

Huddersfield Town's Galpharm Stadium was the first in the world to have the Desso technology installed. "We had it installed in 1997," said Phil Armitage, whose company oversees the surface. "It is very similar to ordinary pitches but Desso pitches do not take divots as easily as so it is hard wearing, which is obviously a very good thing."

Armitage said whether Desso is a success at Wembley depends on whether the surface's natural grass is maintained: "I'm no expert but at Wembley isn't there an issue growing the grass? They can use lights to help it I'm sure. But you can't just scoop it out and relay it as it is so expensive. We're having ours relaid next year and it'll cost at least £500,000."

more here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/06/manchester-united-chelsea-wembley-pitch

Im the only one to have experienced that kind of "problem" ?

Is it possible that a bug is going on ? Because its impossible for my team to have relayed the pitch 3 times in 5 years with our very small budget...

It isn't impossible. Notts County a few years back only had a small budget and often have their pitch relaid. You'll find quite a few clubs will relay their pitches in the close season as most can't stand two full seasons in bad state. Obviously lower league clubs don't have choices and may have to leave it. I don't think it's a bug though.

Archived