best way of forcing someone out

need advice i'm celtic and trying to get rid of gary caldwell but he refuses to leave by rejecting contracts from other clubs and i cannot discipline him i've put him in reserves and put his traning to none still wont budge also tried release on free but board wont allow it and mutual consent but still wants to stay anyone else any advice.much appreciated icon14.gif

p.s rip tommy burns ynwa

need advice i'm celtic and trying to get rid of gary caldwell but he refuses to leave by rejecting contracts from other clubs and i cannot discipline him i've put him in reserves and put his traning to none still wont budge also tried release on free but board wont allow it and mutual consent but still wants to stay anyone else any advice.much appreciated icon14.gif

p.s rip tommy burns ynwa

typical celtic fan, what is up with your hatred towards him and mcmanus, so what they are crap, celtic have best defence in the league so that must say something!

the reason why i am assuming you just hate him like most celtic fans and this is why your trying to sell him because on that game he is quite good, however, just let him rot in reserves or release him if u hate him that much

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

typical celtic fan, what is up with your hatred towards him and mcmanus, so what they are crap, celtic have best defence in the league so that must say something!

the reason why i am assuming you just hate him like most celtic fans and this is why your trying to sell him because on that game he is quite good, however, just let him rot in reserves or release him if u hate him that much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

calm calm take deep breaths its only a game i want him sold as i need 2 million for modric now calm down why u so upset anyway are you gary caldwell icon_eek.gif

If he won't agree with anyone else's contracts he'll probably simply stay with you until his contract expires. I find that as players play less they become more desperate for a transfer so maybe after the window shuts he'll start whinging and will finally accept another offer.

But do train him because if his attributes go down, his ego remains the same and he'll be even less likely to accept offers that come because they're not good enough for his reputation but his ability has gone down a notch.

If you're desperate, go sign a player and then ensure he's part of the deal. You'll waste a bit of money but you wanted to get rid of him, right?

You just have to be patient. He'll get annoyed without competitive football.

However, if you don't train him he'll get rubbish and no one will bid for him. Give him a couple of months in the reserves, then when you have an easy cup match or something, transfer list him and put him in the squad. I find about 75-90% of the time, he gets a WNT symbol next to him, meaning someone will probably watch him play the cup game. There's some risk as his morale might be dipping but if it's against a rubbish team you should be okay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

the reason why i am assuming you just hate him like most celtic fans and this is why your trying to sell him because on that game he is quite good, however, just let him rot in reserves or release him if u hate him that much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having played FM 07 and 08 exclusivley as Celtic it is clear that Caldwell is the weak link in the defence and as such he plays very few games for me.

I don't have a problem with Caldwell irl.

I think your response to the op was way over the top. Marcybhoy has his own reasons for selling Caldwell however as it's his game and therefore his reasoning is the only reasoning that counts any reason to sell Caldwell is acceptable.

In terms of ggetting rid of caldwell I have the same problem, I usually have to wait until his contract expires.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

transfer list him

tell him he's not needed

fine him 2 weeks wages every week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but you can't fine players unless there's a reason in 08, right? I used to fine players to force them out and also if they requested transfers at stupid times (the day after the transfer window closes for instance) but no, now I need a good reason!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by larryman24:

Offer mutual termination of his contract. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> nd mutual consent but still wants to stay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only thing you can do is transfer list him, set his status to not needed put him in reserves and hope he gets fed up.

Archived