The save and reload cheat

I did it once on Champo 01 or something after a particularly bad dominate but lose to the one shot on target the other team had. Totally ruined a long term save and I had to start again, never been tempted since.

how on earth could 1 simple reload ruin a whole long career save ? that's impossible. something not right there

I used to when I was younger and more naive. Now I'm too honest! If I forget to save and the game crashes and I play, 4-5 games, I will literally go back in and sit there for sometimes a good hour and fix my games to deliberately get the same results, draw, loss or whatever. :cool:

... I hate people when they post achievements like taking FC Bumfluff from obscurity to 10 times CL winners. Only possible to cheat to do that. :mad:

how on earth could 1 simple reload ruin a whole long career save ? that's impossible. something not right there

It's true. It can. I did it on losing a playoff final after a few cheeky vimtoes. I won the reload and played another 2 seasons but it all felt wrong. I couldn't take the Championship seriously knowing I should still be in league 1 and I binned it in the end.

I think we all did it back when we started playing CM/FM for the first time. It's because of the modern games mindset of doing everything perfectly or suffer some kind of penalty in the long-run. I did it a few more times when I felt cheated out of a game but in the long-run, I am glad I now hate save/load simply because I realise it was taking the fun away. :D

It's true. It can. I did it on losing a playoff final after a few cheeky vimtoes. I won the reload and played another 2 seasons but it all felt wrong. I couldn't take the Championship seriously knowing I should still be in league 1 and I binned it in the end.

good for you:thup: ......no point in cheating might as well use FMRTE/editor give yourself trillions£.....or even change the owners to a middle east multi zilionare:mad:....HANG ON A MINUTE:rolleyes:

I think it's lame, but then I also think people can do exactly what they please with their game. However my sincere advice to anyone would be not to do it as in the long run I'm convinced you'll get more enjoyment out of taking the good with the bad, accepting losses, sometimes weird ones, as a big part of football.

If Man City were 1-0 up at home to Liverpool and then his kids came into the dugout demanding cornflakes, and by the time he'd got them fed his team were 4-1 down, i'm sure the FA would order the match be replayed.

Fantastic post.

Hang on... why were you playing FM at cornflakes time?

The reload cheat is the only way to play the game. Those who can't see this need to take some time out, rethink their FM strategy, realise that cheater's always prosper and start playing FM properly. Lost in the CL final 10-0 to Real with your Vauxhall motors team? no problem just waste half a day replaying it until you succeeded. Practice makes perfect after all.

If Man City were 1-0 up at home to Liverpool and then his kids came into the dugout demanding cornflakes, and by the time he'd got them fed his team were 4-1 down, i'm sure the FA would order the match be replayed.

Haha, fair play. But ever tried hitting the space bar at cornflake time?

The temptation is always there especially when the player feels cheated by a something they feel is unrealistic.

Like with free kicks. If david beckham can't even hit the target, then no one is allowed to score 3 free kicks on me in a match.....

I did it once after leading Everton to 4th place i was gutted that Liverpool then won the Champions league and i was stuck in the Uefa cup for another year. But i got on with it. Only to then go through the exact same thing a season later! I saved before Liverpools Champs league final and they won it so i turned it off till they lost and then played the pre season but i just couldn't do it and ended up deleting the save. Never done it since and never will. Im currently Betis on FM10 finished 3rd in my 3rd season and only have a net spend of 6 million the sense of achievement in doing that without cheating is definitely worth it.

I did it once after leading Everton to 4th place i was gutted that Liverpool then won the Champions league and i was stuck in the Uefa cup for another year. But i got on with it. Only to then go through the exact same thing a season later! I saved before Liverpools Champs league final and they won it so i turned it off till they lost and then played the pre season but i just couldn't do it and ended up deleting the save. Never done it since and never will. Im currently Betis on FM10 finished 3rd in my 3rd season and only have a net spend of 6 million the sense of achievement in doing that without cheating is definitely worth it.

Did that happen in 2005? :p You werent the only one using the reload cheat in 2005.

The Milan fans and players must have used the reload button. They manage to win 2-1 after 2 years of reloading the game.

I don't do it. But if I wanted to I could, I bought the game, I'm playing it and if I want to cheat I can, why don't you worry about yourself and not how others play the game. It really irritates crap like this.

There's nothing wrong with cheating in a single-player environment...

as long as you don't try to pass off that cheating as good management to others ;)

On a side note though I just don't get why people would want to cheat in a single player game. Ok adding yourself as a player or giving your teams £££ to spend I can understand but to reload implies a person doesn't accept losing which at the end of the day is part of life.

as long as you don't try to pass off that cheating as good management to others ;)

On a side note though I just don't get why people would want to cheat in a single player game. Ok adding yourself as a player or giving your teams £££ to spend I can understand but to reload implies a person doesn't accept losing which at the end of the day is part of life.

What's the difference? By adding yourself lots of £££ you are also making things in a way that prevent you from loosing.

What's the difference? By adding yourself lots of £££ you are also making things in a way that prevent you from loosing.

With those I can see a certain level of entertainment though.

Adding yourself as a player - Most will never play professional football so this allows a certain level of indulgence in a fantasy form.

Giving your local team £££ - In real life you probably see your team struggle so again it allows a certain level of indulgence.

Actually I find giving your team plenty of money or the best players much sillier than occasionally reloading the game after an odd game...

It's not about "not accepting defeat", it's more about not being able to accept absurd events...

What's the point in playing as Gateshead if you have City's wallet and Utd's reputation? It's like challenging a 5-years old kid to a fight.

On the other hand reloading after you've lost 6-2 to an Uzbek club, or you've had 4 serious injuries in one game, or you've had one of those "you can't score/win no matter how you tweak your tactic" matches is debatable but it's a more understandable choice.

It's a questionable move, but it's done in the heat of the moment, while adding players/money/reputation is a premeditated game-altering cheat, almost a "way of playing" the game.

I can accept losing, losing heavily at times, but sometimes the game just asks for me to reload. Although it happens much rarely now.

I can accept losing

except when:

you've lost 6-2 to an Uzbek club, or you've had 4 serious injuries in one game, or you've had one of those "you can't score/win no matter how you tweak your tactic" matches

This is what I don't get.

Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm genuinely intrigued - how do you cope in real life?

Do you play any competitive sports? What happens if your opponent hits a hole in one or mishits a shot that goes for a winner in a racket sport? Do you feel cheated then?

except when:

This is what I don't get.

Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm genuinely intrigued - how do you cope in real life?

Do you play any competitive sports? What happens if your opponent hits a hole in one or mishits a shot that goes for a winner in a racket sport? Do you feel cheated then?

Nahh it's apples and oranges! :D

FM is a GAME where the action-->reaction, cause-->effect dynamics should be more understandable and, if you will, rigid than in real life...

Moreso, it's not the "what" (a defeat) but the "how" that gets on my nerves... If I can "understand" the reason for an odd result it's fine, like "we're crap, they're better than us" or "it was a close one"... But the aforementioned 6-2 loss makes zero sense... a 1-0 loss out of complacency, sure... but 6-2...???

BTW I'm pretty sure AC Milan fans felt pretty cheated by Liverpool in Istanbul, so yeah it do happen in real life...

P.S. exactly because real life can kick us in the nuts every now and then, I don't see what's wrong with having an innocent do-over in a computer game every now and then

Recently my game froze. I had just won 2 very vital games at the end of the season. My save point was before these 2 games, so I had to replay them.

Am I forgiven for using this method to get my original results back?

You shouldn't need to ask for forgiveness from anyone except yourself. If you feel guilty then you did wrong, if you don't feel guilty then you were perfectly justified. Anyone else's opinion is just you trying to justify yourself in other people's eyes.

My opinion on the reload thing is that I don't do it, but I couldn't care less if someone else does it. Just don't go around claiming you've achieved something at the end of it.

My mate gave our local team £80M, did his best with them and took two years to get out of LG1 after getting promoted into it. I did it the right way without any changes and got back-to-back promotions, I'm going to rub it in his face when I see him. I consider that cheating more than reloading as your changing a whole team for the whole game, reloading is normally just one game. I don't do it though, if I did, there'd be a good reason.

Archived