How to get a player to sign a contract?

My striker has been on top form this season. He's always in the first team, and is happy playing for the club.

However he only has 6 months left on his contract, yet is unwilling to sign a new contract.

Any suggestions as to how I can get him to sign a new contract? :)

Once you feel you have to cheat the game is basicly over anyway. If your going to cheat once you migth aswell just award yourself some silverware and go do something else. To answer the op question, pay him much more than he is worth and pay his agent a stupidly large sum, bend over backwards and kiss your own bottom, then he will sign

Once you feel you have to cheat the game is basicly over anyway. If your going to cheat once you migth aswell just award yourself some silverware and go do something else. To answer the op question, pay him much more than he is worth and pay his agent a stupidly large sum, bend over backwards and kiss your own bottom, then he will sign

no, you don't understand, the OP goes to negociate a new deal but the player/agent isnt interested in negociating. Just praise him, get him more involved and yes if you are desperate to keep him and you've tried everything else, YES use fmrte to extend his contract for another 2 years.

If he's so important shouldn't have let his contract run down to 6 months in the first place, no? But it is good to know that if they don't want to negotiate there is some way to maybe get him to change his mind. I usually just forget about it since if I let his contract go down that much I probably don't care if he goes anyway.

Have you been given any indication of why he doesnt want to sign a new contract? You could possibly try offering him a new contract with a higher squad status and giving him (and his agent) more money which might help. If though he's near the end of his current contract he may have been offered a better contract at a higher profile club and this is why he wont renew his contract.

Archived