Perfect Morale for the starting XI

If you praise players who played well after the game and 1-2 days before the game enter private chat with all of your players and do one of the following:

1) Ask to recommend signing --> You can do this as much as you want, they'll recommend the same player most times having seemingly forgotten they'd previously done so. I try not to use this unless it's before crucial games or a players morale has dipped below very good. However, if you have no qualms playing unrealistically go nuts!

2) Ask to recommend coach --> As above.

3) Tell them to improve training --> If they say they've been training choose a reasonable response, "No you really haven't" or "Ok I may have been a little harsh" --> Unless they're Balotelli they'll be glad you know where they're coming from or meekly subject. Don't tell the same player they're not training well enough twice in one month, you'll just annoy them.

4) Comment on their form and/or performance in last game --> If you say they're playing well and they disagree respond with -> "I'm glad you think you can do better but I want you to know I'm pleased..." --> Again they'll thank you for understanding where they're coming from

If you do this before every game you can make sure every player is at superb morale on your team sheet + The more you interact with your players the faster they'll regard you as favored personnel. Usually takes me 6 months to have everyone listing me as favored personnel. I also do the same process with younger, promising players, that way there's less chance they'll be attracted to the prospect of moving to another club.

You also get the added bonus of having your profile read: Door is always open to his players. Nice touch, not so keen on those journalists though.

I don't know why but morale doesn't seem to be a big issue for me anymore. First couple seasons I had problems, but now having all perfect is not uncommon. I rarely do private chats or anything like that neither. Seems to be a bit hit and miss for me. I only chat when they have concern. But even then a lot of players list me as their favorite personnel. I didn't know if that actually help with their morale or not though. I think most important for morale is just to win lots of games. And if they happen to lose against good team I try to not be too harsh, then it seems their morale doesn't drop much or at all. Especially after game team talk, I see no point to be angry there at all since it's already over anyway. Half time talk maybe I get angry rarely, only if I think there's still chance to turn it around.

Archived