New idea for fm2012 ?!

Hello,

Don't know if this topic in the right place but I was playing the game and thinkin' ...

I coach a club in Belgium and it's being taken' over by some bigshot business guy who is going to spend a lot a money on new players according to the papers ... you know how that goes :)

Anyway ... I was thinking how about the possebility of buying a club ... depending how much money you made in your carreer so you can play after reaching the age of 55 (or earlier) as a chairman! :) I saw that I earned over 20M in the past yeeeeears ... :) I could buy a club in 2nd div!!!

How great would that be :) You can hire managers and staff, renew the stadium and facilities, councel with the board over budgets and discuss transfers with your coach! ... expanding the club ect. !!

A couple a years ago I played another manager game ("uefa manager" I think) and you even could have wife, kids, house, car, plane , ... doesn't has anything to do with football but you expand the gameplay in so many ways ...

Not to tell about the gameplay in football itself, I like the game very much and play it all the time!

I bought the game for the 5th time in a row (didn't bought 2005 because I played the other game )

but I'm disappointed every time I see that the facepacks are not compleet, logo's, ...

Maybe a "3D application" of your stadium would be awesome, from the outside I mean ... with the pubs, clubshops, parking, station, youthfacilities, officebuilding and so on! No?

Anyway ... I thought it would be nice and fun! Any replies are welcome!

I've had this idea many times. But only when you RETIRE from the game.

Buying a club would mean your earnings would be transferred to the club. And your old self is now chairman of that club.

You woulld still need to add a new manager and takeover that club. a bit like starting fresh but you've added a lot of finances to a club, perhaps your favourite club.

This could add to the longevitiy.

but if you want kids and wife, cars and houses, etc. then turn off the computer and go outside and meet someone?

Ha. There were a load of threads a while back about being able to play chairman - the responses generally unfavourable. But one thread said you could effectively play chairman by taking control of a club and holidaying, imagining your Assman is the real manager. More of a Director of Football really.

I tried it with Forfar and built 'em up to be rather successful, reaching a height of 3rd in the Scottish Premier League by 2018/19 and winning a few titles and a few cups. It was quite enjoyable for me as i don't get to play long term saves usually, but i'm not sure i'd do it again as it's quite limited. Maybe if it were expanded upon as you say it could be a good expansion to the game.

But it's very unlikely to happen and i'd prefer they improve the managing aspect of the game first anyway.

but if you want kids and wife, cars and houses, etc. then turn off the computer and go outside and meet someone?

haha :) doesn't have to anymore ... but anyway, that old game had it and it was pretty funny to play ... What's wrong with buying a jet?! :)

I would love to have some more official facepacks first ... Tought the chairman idea was fun ... It could be so much more realistic and bigger then it now is that's all I'm saying ... Maybe FM2022 has it all?!

No, no, no, no, no. Aside from things like deciding on budgets, ticket prices, hiring managers etc. being unbelievably dull, and most of them only happening once a season at the most anyway, it would require a hell of a lot of work from SI to put this into the game. I'd much rather they spend that time improving on the actual management side of things.

Archived