While this would be a nice addition, I can't see it happening in the near future. A lot more than just red/yellow cards go into deciding fair play points, such as respect to referees, fan behaviours etc.. Since these do not exist in the game masses of coding would be required to try and replicate these elements for a small feature.

The fair play "league" is implemented in some form though because teams get entered into the UEFA cup via whatever implementation there is. Personally I'm not too fussed about being able to see the actual table though.

Well I can tell you that some form of fair play table is implemented in the game as I got a Uefa cup place as Falkirk on an online game through one. However seeing as we dont actively try and get into europe through it what would be the point in seeing such a table?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

The fair play "league" is implemented in some form though because teams get entered into the UEFA cup via whatever implementation there is. Personally I'm not too fussed about being able to see the actual table though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always wondered what dictates who gets into Europe via this medium.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

why not just count the red cards and yellow cards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because that's not how it's done IRL. And we all know that realism in the most important aspect of FM these days.

(Not that I'm against realism, I'd rather more realism tbh, just some people make it seem like we will explode without more realism)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> (Not that I'm against realism, I'd rather more realism tbh, just some people make it seem like we will explode without more realism) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif One of the rare posts that made me laugh out loud!

Isnt the fair play thing already in the game? How is it already figured out?

I would assume it picks the least cards at the moment in the game, I once got a slot in France from it but didn't check how.

It wouldn't really matter how it did it, the selection of clubs in real life is pretty much random since no one is attempting to be top of the fair play table. If they are to implement the actual table there would be a lot of whine about how their fans let them down and how they can't believe they got marked down for being disrespectful to the referee. Not really worth the effort.

IRL it's based on lot's of things. Yellow/red cards, sportsmanship towards opponenets and referee and behaviour of the clubs officials (manager, coaches, ball boys etc...)

Each league compiles their own fair play table according to these criteria, and then at the end of the season if your country is pulled out of the hat then the highest placed team from your nations fair play league gets a place in europe.

I think it is done this way as opposed to one huge fair play table of all teams in europe to make it easier to compile, and because the criteria for getting fair play points is different in each nation. For example it would be unfair to award points equally to chelsea and some small slovenian team based on their supporters behaviour, because chelsea are likely to have a lot more supporters, therefore more chance for them to misbehave.

If the team top of the league has already qualified for europe, then the next team down gets in. For example this year Tottenham, liverpool and Man U were all above Man City, but had all already qualified for europe, therefore man city gets in.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how they award points, i.e. how many points you get/lose for a red card/yellow card/manager disciplined by FA etc...

As far as FM is concerned, you cannot view a fair play league and how it is calculated, I don't know. I imagine it doesn't take into account all of the things real life does, and is probably based on red and yellow cards.

I've never really noticed it as a feature in FM as I've never been involved with it. My teams are dirty players icon_wink.gif

Hope that helps icon_cool.gif

Hope that helps icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quacky:

It wouldn't really matter how it did it, the selection of clubs in real life is pretty much random since no one is attempting to be top of the fair play table. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but this is incorrect. The whole reason behind offering a place in Europe to the 'fairest team' is to encourage sportsmanship, respect etc. This issue (specifically respect to match officials) is a hot subject right now and I very much suspect that managers encourage their players to act respectfully with the chance of getting into europe an incentive.

To back up my point, have a loook at the premiership fair play table from last season. The top four teams were tottenham, liverpool, Man U and Arsenal. But look at the teams directly below them. With the exception of fulham, they are Everton, Man City and Portsmouth

All three of those clubs at christmas were flying high and looking to qualify to europe, and i suspect were all encouraged to play fair to increase their chances of getting into europe.

After all, it's no surprise that you se the Utd and chelsea players mob the ref when they get upset as they will already qualify for europe, but how often do you see the Everton players or the Portsmouth players mob the ref?

Archived