Celtic - Youth Players

How successful has anyone been with bringing through thier own Youth players? Currently i have Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy + Above Average Youth Recruitment, but the players im getting through are... kinda useless to put it politely. Is this because im playing in Scotland, do i still need to make my Youth Facilities better, or do i just need to wait and i'll at some point get the next Messi coming through? Should i play in a different league if i want to contentrate on bringing through my own youngters, i.e. putting the Old Firm in the EPL or something?

I manage Chelsea and I am only in 2013 but got one semi decent youth come through so far, I havent loaned him out. I have Torres tutoring him and also he is now a starter, not the best performer but want him to get as many games under his belt as possible/

I have signed quite a few potentially good players from scotland so far, I guess you have to wait and hopefully you will get that gem

Yeah, I think it's a lottery really.

In the Careers forum Crouchaldinho managed to get a youth player in the BSS and that player managed to play for him all the way up into the EPL!

I've found that sometimes a player might not look too good, but if you keep him, give him playing time/loan him out and tutor him, he may still turn out pretty good.

Yeah it's a crapshoot. I've gotten amazing players in previous saves, but in my current one with top class youth set up in the EPL I have yet to get anyone with over a full star potential. I'll just keep crossing my fingers!

Archived