I'm tired of horrific finishing

I've played Football Manager from the beginning, and even played Championship Manager's as far back as 2002, and throughout all of the there has always been an issue that to this day has still not be sorted out: finishing, which I've for some reason never voiced my opinion about, so forgive the lengthy rant.

In my single-player game with Arsenal we'd scored 11 goals in the first 3 games, and after a good 12 games were top of the league. Recently I've stopped playing because my collection of strikers have simultaneously forgotten how to score, not just for a couple of games, but for a good 8/10. These are chances that I could score. What changed after that 12th game that meant my strikers, when put through on goal with only the keeper to beat, decided instead of aiming for the goal they'd try and pick out an eager fan in the upper tier? I understand that in reality confidence and form can become an issue. But it's not even as if in the first 7 or so games their morale had dipped that much. The majority of the were still 'good' or 'very good', and it doesn't matter what form you're in, passing the ball into the net when 8 yards out is something a striker playing for one of the biggest teams in the world should be able to do.

On to my network game then. Playing with a friend in a custom database where everyone starts as a free agent and we had to snap up the best players in the world. I was jealous when he managed to get Messi AND Ronaldo, but was pretty content with the likes of Higuain, Pato and Aguero up front, particularly with players like Iniesta, Pirlo and Ozil there to create them chances. In comes the first game of the season and in total, between our teams, we managed 52 shots. Guess how many hit the back of the net? One. My friend won 1-0, while thankfully so did I but only because my opponents felt sorry for my world-class strikers and decided they'd score it for us. How is it that the above mentioned players can't score more than 1 from 52 shots? Particularly when NINE of them were "clear-cut chances". Again I'm not going with any excuses such as they needed to gel, you don't need to be happy and settled into a team to be able to score from half an inch out, especially if by modern transfer standards you'd be worth a good £50 million, if not more for the likes of Ronaldo and Messi.

The only thing I could be thankful for in that first game is that my opponents didn't score. Usually I'll have a good 240 shots and score none while my opponents goalkeeper hoofs up a goal-kick which deflects off 12 players, a seagull, the referee and a cheeky fan who ran on the pitch, before smacking off both posts, coming out again for my goalkeeper to accidentally back-heel it and then get sent off for punching a striker, in the ninth minute of stoppage time.

It's come to the point where in real life, if a game happens where one team dominates but loses (which is OCCASIONALLY, not 1000 times a season), my friends refer to the game as a 'Classic FM game'.

This is definitely a big issue in the game. Missing some clear cut chances is realistic, but when you have a regen striker with 19 finishing an 17 composure, and he's taking 9 games to get off the mark, within which he's missing 2 or 3 one on ones in a game, something needs to be changed.

The ratio of one on ones scored across the game has got to be a lot lower than 1 in 10, which needs to be fixed, especially when you concede a much higher percentage of similar chances. It makes the game very unrealistic and quite hard to enjoy.

This is definitely a big issue in the game. Missing some clear cut chances is realistic, but when you have a regen striker with 19 finishing an 17 composure, and he's taking 9 games to get off the mark, within which he's missing 2 or 3 one on ones in a game, something needs to be changed.

The ratio of one on ones scored across the game has got to be a lot lower than 1 in 10, which needs to be fixed, especially when you concede a much higher percentage of similar chances. It makes the game very unrealistic and quite hard to enjoy.

If you want to make a claim like that you need to back it up with evidence to prove there is an issue.

I don't see that in my saves and neither do thousands of others.

The main problem is your perception of football - Playing FM you play many more matches in a session and are more likely to remember the misses. Whereas in real life you watch maybe one full match but now you remember the good things & forget all the misses that happen.

If you actually kept records you would see that FM isn't as bad as your impression of it while real football is much worse.

If you want to make a claim like that you need to back it up with evidence to prove there is an issue.

I don't see that in my saves and neither do thousands of others.

The main problem is your perception of football - Playing FM you play many more matches in a session and are more likely to remember the misses. Whereas in real life you watch maybe one full match but now you remember the good things & forget all the misses that happen.

If you actually kept records you would see that FM isn't as bad as your impression of it while real football is much worse.

I'm just gonna go on my friends first two games here... 63 shots, 3 goals, with BOTH Messi and Ronaldo in his team, the two world's best players who score nearly, if not more than, a goal a game at current. I fail to see how you can see such a statistic as realistic.

In real life, I DO remember misses if they're as bad as the ones I've seen on Football Manager. It's because they don't happen very often, and when they do, they're so bad they stick in the memory. They really are that bad. Chances I would expect a 12-year-old to score. I watch football daily and there's two things in FM that don't happen in real life:

1. The sheer amount of one-on-one chances that teams get. Particularly in the games I watch of Arsenal, where most of the times our opponents come and park the bus. In FM I see at plenty of them per game.

2. The amount of these one-on-ones MISSED. World-class players such as the one's I've mentioned above miss chances, yes, but absolutely no where near the amount they miss on FM.

I wish I'd saved screenshots of some of the chances my players had in my Arsenal save. I keep checking the injuries to see if they've got brain damage but nothing ever seems to be wrong.

It's a problem that's never truly been fixed, and even if some are lucky enough not to have the problem occur in their game, plenty of people do, as seen already by some of the posters here.

As a season ticket holder at my local football team at league 2 level since 2001, I would say that you remember the sort of horrendous misses that occur on a weekly basis in the game. And when you then translate that to Premiership football on the game, where you're seeing your world class strikers come in and miss as many as 5 or 6 one on ones in one game I don't see how that can be down to my perception of football.

As SammyL said, the amount of times when you ridiculously dominate a game, fashion clear cut chances in double figures, and then either lose by a slim margin or scrape a win is ridiculous. It may happen a few times throughout the course of a season in a division, but the amount of times its happened not only on FM11, but on all the versions I've played, it is getting silly.

Say you have a striker with finishing 19, composure 17, like I mentioned earlier, surely that should mean his scoring rates for one on ones / clear cut chances should be around 36/40 on average, as opposed to closer to 1 in 15/20. Unless there's a hidden attribute which is the fondness for picking out random stewards in the upper tiers

Basically there are two issues.

A) The first is a FM problem - In FM11 the gap between the two DCs is too wide which means if you use a tactic that exploits that weakness then you'll see more one on ones created but a lot missed as the ME calculates those chances to be much worse than they look. SI have identified this fault and I believe it'll be adjusted in the next patch.

B) Your perception - The only way you can change this is for you to keep records for both FM & real life. Next time you attend a match take some paper, mark down every good chance you see missed, they'll be more than you think. In FM watch the games, again keep a record over a number of matches (at least a season) and you'll see it isn't as bad as you make out.

I could calculate these from my season and show you the results but that would take up my time only for you to not believe me.

I accept that you might not have the same problem in your game.

If I was to record across a season on FM and IRL, chances missed that I would score, there would be a vast difference.

The amount of times I have thought that at League 2 level is incredibly small over the course of the last 10 seasons, and they are the events that really stick in your mind.

It happens to me on a weekly basis in game.

Basically there are two issues.

A) The first is a FM problem - In FM11 the gap between the two DCs is too wide which means if you use a tactic that exploits that weakness then you'll see more one on ones created but a lot missed as the ME calculates those chances to be much worse than they look. SI have identified this fault and I believe it'll be adjusted in the next patch.

B) Your perception - The only way you can change this is for you to keep records for both FM & real life. Next time you attend a match take some paper, mark down every good chance you see missed, they'll be more than you think. In FM watch the games, again keep a record over a number of matches (at least a season) and you'll see it isn't as bad as you make out.

I could calculate these from my season and show you the results but that would take up my time only for you to not believe me.

So you admit there is a problem? Surely my complaints are justified then. As for my perception, I'll compare my Arsenal game to real life:

I can remember a few Arsenal performances where we squandered chances, such as when we drew 0-0 to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6094152.stm). I remember Rosicky missed basically an open goal. But can anyone really remember that many other Arsenal performances where we've missed so many chances in such a game? Better yet, can anyone remember a lengthy period of time where we went with missing all these chances? We've scored just under 100 goals this season and there's only 5 games in all competitions where we've failed to score at all.

There was one game in my Arsenal save which was so ludicrous because something rare happened, the other team decided to miss chances instead. I was away to Man United and had 10 men since the 14th minute and won 1-0 with ONE shot. They had at least 20. Suffice to say I wouldn't mind so much if it was switched round occasionally, even if it is still ridiculous. I wouldn't mind winning a game with 0 shots, which is something that happened to me a while back because my defenders forgot which end they were at.

I'm not saying it happens in everyone's game on FM, but it's certainly reached the point on my games where it's prompted me to come on here and complain about it.

I accept that you might not have the same problem in your game.

If I was to record across a season on FM and IRL, chances missed that I would score, there would be a vast difference.

The amount of times I have thought that at League 2 level is incredibly small over the course of the last 10 seasons, and they are the events that really stick in your mind.

It happens to me on a weekly basis in game.

Its a few years since I attended a lower league game but I can guarantee every week there were groans from the crowd as chances went begging.

If you kept records I don't believe there would be a vast difference providing you used sensible tactics within FM that don't exploit the weakness.

How about a question, The Marseilles/Man Utd match was on earlier - How many missed chances?

There's a difference between a few chances going begging... crosses not being converted, shots just missing, players shooting rather than passing... and what happens on my fm games

That is all accurately represented in the game. What is not is the ridiculously easy "my nan would have scored that" open goal, one on one, clear cut chances that consistently, and lubriciously, get missed.

There's a difference between a few chances going begging... crosses not being converted, shots just missing, players shooting rather than passing... and what happens on my fm games

That is all accurately represented in the game. What is not is the ridiculously easy "my nan would have scored that" open goal, one on one, clear cut chances that consistently, and lubriciously, get missed.

Well this suggests that your tactic probably exploits the ME weakness then.

You also have to consider though the role the 3d animations may play. That open goal was it as open as the 3d animations show? remember there are only a limited number of animations available to show and the game picks the one it thinks is the most relevant for what the ME calculates.

Yeah so my tactic exploits the weakness.. that doesn't explain the misses.

I don't think the point is really the open goals.. the point is the one on ones, when the striker is clean through on goal and only the keeper to beat, and he either starts picking out people in the next county or slamming it straight at the keeper over and over.

On top of that you have the clear cut chances which the game counts itself. More often than not the more of these are missed than scored. A clear cut chance suggests it is one that should be scored. The ratio that they have been scored at has not increased in the whole time I have played the game and progressed up the leagues from league 2 to premiership. If there was no problem then you would expect the conversion rate to increase as I progressed through the leagues, and therefore got higher quality strikers, but this has not been the case, what has changed is the number of these chances created, the ratio scored and missed has remained consistent.

Yeah so my tactic exploits the weakness.. that doesn't explain the misses.

I don't think the point is really the open goals.. the point is the one on ones, when the striker is clean through on goal and only the keeper to beat, and he either starts picking out people in the next county or slamming it straight at the keeper over and over.

I've explained above if the one on ones are being created as a result of the ME weakness then a high % won't be scored.

On top of that you have the clear cut chances which the game counts itself. More often than not the more of these are missed than scored. A clear cut chance suggests it is one that should be scored. The ratio that they have been scored at has not increased in the whole time I have played the game and progressed up the leagues from league 2 to premiership. If there was no problem then you would expect the conversion rate to increase as I progressed through the leagues, and therefore got higher quality strikers, but this has not been the case, what has changed is the number of these chances created, the ratio scored and missed has remained consistent.

No you wouldn't.

Real life statistics prove that the conversion rate is very similar at every level of football from non-league to champions league. The only time you would expect an improved conversion rate is when there is a significant difference in ability between the teams involved but a single one off match doesn't prove anything.

I've just checked the stats for that game too.. United had 7 shots, 5 on target. Marseille had 9 shots, 6 on target. Doesn't compare to 32 shots for 1 goal.

Sorry I'm not ignoring you SammyL.

Your match stats are wrong btw and you were right before your edit:

"Man Utd had less shots than I thought" so immediately your perception of the match was different to the actual facts.

Real life statistics prove that the conversion rate is very similar at every level of football from non-league to champions league. The only time you would expect an improved conversion rate is when there is a significant difference in ability between the teams involved but a single one off match doesn't prove anything.

How can you say that when you've already said this:

Its a few years since I attended a lower league game but I can guarantee every week there were groans from the crowd as chances went begging.

It's clear that in the lower-leagues, good chances are missed more often, because players aren't as good at finishing as they are in the upper leagues. Yes a similar amount of regular chances will be made in every league in England, but we're talking about the clear-cut chances here.

Sorry I'm not ignoring you SammyL.

Your match stats are wrong btw and you were right before your edit:

"Man Utd had less shots than I thought" so immediately your perception of the match was different to the actual facts.

Actually my edit was because I thought I'd read the match stats wrong. And the stats on the current edit are correct. I didn't see the game but on the radio it certainly didn't sound like there were too many clear-cut chances.

How can you say that when you've already said this:

The two quotes don't contradict each other.

It's clear that in the lower-leagues, good chances are missed more often, because players aren't as good at finishing as they are in the upper leagues. Yes a similar amount of regular chances will be made in every league in England, but we're talking about the clear-cut chances here.

Its really not clear, the conversion rate is the same throughout football, this has been discussed in depth in many threads over the years.

CCCs are a different matter as the stat doesn't exist in RL football and thats on top of what FM classes as a CCC.

how does it being a ME weakness result in a low % being scored, surely once the chance has been created the only things that are relevant are the strikers relevant stats an the goalkeepers relevant stats.

And okay we'll look at the 4 seasons I have spent in the premiership, where the quality of opposition has remained consistent throughout the 4 years, however the quality of my strikers has improved as i've progressed up the divisions.

In a scenario where, over the course of several seasons, where the only factor changing is the ability of the strikers everything else remains constant, the conversion rate would increase over time.

That is essentially what has happened in my game. The league has not become much more competitive that it is currently in real life, with a similar number of teams competing for champions league places and relegation places. This would suggest that the variations in the abilities of players across the league has stayed broadly similar over the course of the game.

Therefore, if one team were to rise up through this one league, with the quality of their striker improving year on year, then the conversion rate of chances should increase.

This is not the case in my game however. The number of clear cut chances that we are scoring is the same, year after year

how does it being a ME weakness result in a low % being scored, surely once the chance has been created the only things that are relevant are the strikers relevant stats an the goalkeepers relevant stats.

Seemingly not, I don't know the in & outs but I get the impression its sort of like a false chance. Maybe the ME recognises the error in the chance being created and corrects itself by the chance missing but I don't really know.

And okay we'll look at the 4 seasons I have spent in the premiership, where the quality of opposition has remained consistent throughout the 4 years, however the quality of my strikers has improved as i've progressed up the divisions.

In a scenario where, over the course of several seasons, where the only factor changing is the ability of the strikers everything else remains constant, the conversion rate would increase over time.

That is essentially what has happened in my game. The league has not become much more competitive that it is currently in real life, with a similar number of teams competing for champions league places and relegation places. This would suggest that the variations in the abilities of players across the league has stayed broadly similar over the course of the game.

Therefore, if one team were to rise up through this one league, with the quality of their striker improving year on year, then the conversion rate of chances should increase.

This is not the case in my game however. The number of clear cut chances that we are scoring is the same, year after year

It would depend on the quality of the strikers you had when you entered the division.

Presuming the strikers you had at promotion were not good enough for the higher division then their conversion rate I can accept would be lower on average than other strikers in the league whereas when you replaced them with better strikers you would expect the conversion rate to be more in line with the rest of the league so yes an increased could be seen.

Because you haven't seen an increase it would suggest that the strikers that you promoted with were at least of a decent quality for the higher league and didn't suffer a significant drop in their conversion rate.

What alexcoombs said in his first post concerning his game over time is the conversion rate of clear-cut chances, not overall chances.

Its difficult to debate CCCs as they don't exist in RL.

I can't find the links to conversion rates but the Premier League keep decent stats for other things like shots per goal & shot % on target, below is a comparison between Rooney & Berbatov for example:

Rooney v Berbatov

If you've already admitted there's a problem that SI are looking to fix in the next patch, surely we are at least somewhat justified in our criticisms and surely it DOES differ from real life, seeing as if it was realistic, it wouldn't need to be corrected.

Its difficult to debate CCCs as they don't exist in RL.

I can't find the links to conversion rates but the Premier League keep decent stats for other things like shots per goal & shot % on target, below is a comparison between Rooney & Berbatov for example:

Rooney v Berbatov

This proves only that Rooney has been in poor form, it doesn't show that he's missed glorious opportunities. I've watched United a fair bit and since teams often park the bus against them as well it's not likely to see them get many one-on-ones.

Seemingly not, I don't know the in & outs but I get the impression its sort of like a false chance. Maybe the ME recognises the error in the chance being created and corrects itself by the chance missing but I don't really know.

I don't think this can be the case as I have very occasionally scored goals which would have appeared to exploit this error. Also this error can not be the only way in which clear cut chances are created.

Also there has been a definite increase in the quality of the strikers, through attributes and the star ratings they have gotten, I've gradually increased the quality of my strike force. This has also been apparent in the number of goals scored, which has increased, but at a much slower rate than the number of chances the team has been creating. This has resulted in the situation where I am now, where my team is scoring a very clear proportion of the clear cut chances we create, whereas the number of clear cut chances we concede is a much higher percentage.

EDIT: Rooney has been lacking in goals because in a dip in form resulting in him having less chances. Rather than him still have the same amount of chances he would have in top form. I would imagine his shots per goal from this time last season to now is similar

If you've already admitted there's a problem that SI are looking to fix in the next patch, surely we are at least somewhat justified in our criticisms and surely it DOES differ from real life, seeing as if it was realistic, it wouldn't need to be corrected.

Yes you are somewhat justified and I probably should have mentioned the fault earlier than I did but I can't believe your problem with converting chances is entirely down to that.

From my opinion, CCC stats is not accurate in game. There are chances where i would call it CCC but it doesnt count. While quite a number of rushed and forced attempt will be counted into CCC.

Shots on goal number is also inflated. There is currently too many headers from corners and set pieces. Plus the long shots attempt the players just like to do for no reason.

I can't see that the issue you mention is related to chance conversion. I believe there is an entirely separate issue which is effecting the number of clear cut chances scored

I really wish people would stop focusing so much on the CCC stat.

Its a very subjective stat in my opinion and thats probably why its not used in real life.

It's not exactly something new though, is it?

Every version we get the predictable sequences of 'poor defending = too many clear chances created = too many clear chances missed'.

Every version we get the "known issue and under review".

Then, lo and behond, it's back in the next version.

You know after the first 30-35 minutes or so whether or not your players will squander 30 shots at goal due to being "complacent" or "nervous" due to clicking the wrong option in a press conference or teamtalk, and the only way you are going to score is from a corner, own goal or penalty.

I understand what SI are trying to do in replicating this, as it does happen in real life, but not to the same extent that it is in the game, where world class players with 18 finishing composure technique etc will do their best to miss at times, and frequently blast it straight at the keeper from 6 yards.

Needs to change, as its unrealistic. Teams do play matches where they just cannot put the ball in the net, but they're 1 or 2 a season, not every few games like in football manager.

I have to say i do agee with the OP, but its been like this for every fm/champ i can remember and yeah also me and my friends if we see a real life match like that - we refer to that as - see man utd got fm'd - for example.

I can remember one time think it was fm 09, champs league final and i had 46 shots to there 8 and ended up drawing 0-0 - i ended up winning on pens but still, i would have been seething.

i know it happens sometimes in r/l but not nearly as often as on fm.

the people who say its your tactics are wrong - if not creating any chances was th problem then yes - but tactics has no effect on whether a player can find the back of the net from 8 yards etc....

but inspite of this i still love it and just try to make my team have 30 shots a game rather than 20 - jus to make sure ill pick up the win usually.

Personally I liked how finishing worked in FM10, seemed to score most of the time when expected to, even with lowish finishing. In Fm2011 it feels like it's more likely a striker miss when 1 on 1 with a goal keeper than him to actually score, if his finishing is something like 12 or 11. I haven't tried a 19 finishing one, I've been playing lower leagues.

I feel the same. Every time that my striker gets in front of the keeper and stomp the ball on his chest I´m going mad. Maybe my tactic is exploiting a defence weakness, but every game, I´ve got at least 6 one-on-one missed by world class strikers. So, I don´t want to know what would happen if my tactic doesn´t exploit AI defence.

I think the issue is that the game allows far too many one on one situations/easy chances but the ME is programmed to not allow every game to be 10-9 so many of these chances have to be missed to keep the game realistic.

I personally feel that the new patch needs to look at how many clear cut chances are being created and tone these down.

We all know that they can be missed but to have the number missed is where it becomes unrealistic.....however if a good percentage were scored then you may score 7 or 8 goals a game due to how many are generated.

This is one of the big drawbacks to 3D, the ME is statistically calculating the game based on all the variable factors but when you watch it in 3D it can generate some very weird misses.

All in all it is frustrating but overall I feel that most of the results are realistic but the issue is how those results come about and the fact some people will pepper a goal rgularly with 30 odd shots many one on ones and the opposition will have 1 shot from 35 yards that pings in.....it happens IRL but not as often as on FM11.

It's a result of generally poor player positioning, robotic defensive line behaviour, too loose marking, lack of almost any sort of basic covering and the huge technical (and mental) advantage attacking players in FM have over defenders. Usually the final patch balances this out more or less but it's a total mystery to me how it creeps back in every single year. The best version in this regard is 9.3.0 I feel. It's not perfect and the flaws are still apparent while masked by tackling being a bit over-effective. But it's definitely the one where you can watch a game and get the impression that it generally plays out like a real football match. And you can actually see plenty of matches in that where neither side can manage a clear cut chance, which is incredibly rare in pretty much every ME version of FM10 and FM11.

The 'horrific finishing' is a combination of ME weaknesses and user playing styles:

1: There is an ME fault that stops the DCs defending the gap between them very well, enabling an FC to too easily find unmarked space in the centre of the pitch. However, they do close the gap rapidly once the FC has the ball, which means he often has to rush his shot and/or hit it on his wrong foot. Keeper positioning and rushing out is also very good when the ball is central, meaning the shooter often has had his angles closed off before he can pick a spot. The ME generally regards these as CCCs, simply because the shooter is in space around or inside the box.

2: Tactics can be to blame. If a manager is attempting to exploit this central space issue, then he will obviously see more of these types of chances than others.

3: Team talks can accentuate this problem by putting extra pressure on or increasing complacency of forwards, with both making them more likely to miss chances.

4: If the manager has a very attacking tactic that exploits the DC gap and regularly makes mistakes with his man or media management, he will inevitably see a succession of seemingly unfair defeats. The only reason they seem unfair is that the ME recognises the central chances as CCCs rather than as hurried shots under pressure. If you recognise these for what they are (as dafuge does) and accept that when you are playing very aggressively you will be vulnerable to the break, especially so if players are nervous or complacent, the whole issue becomes understandable.

Hopefully, 11.3 will fix this issue and it will become a thing of the past for everyone.

i haven't read all the posts but read the OP and a few others and heres my thoughts.

one thing ive noticed with people complaining about players not finishing chances is they have never shown how they actually play i can make a tactic in seconds that will create loads of chances even a few one on ones but will they be good enough chances for my strikers to finish no most of them wont be no matter who i have upfront.

strikers are funny positions when there on form and scoring you dont see anything wrong but as soon as for some reason that player stops scoring everybody starts suspecting something is up.

tbh ive never had the problem of not scoring i can create a good tactic that creates about 3 chances that i know 90% of the time my players will finish with ease(depends on how good the player if im LLM then expect that to be like 40% lol)

now im not boasting but i tend to notice alot of the time people create a tactic they feel is creating clear cut chances but are they really clear cut for that player and ive noticed you mentioned specifically that they hit it high or straight at the keeper so to me that sounds like they are not the best finishers and im not on about the finisher stat or composure ok they are important but there are just as much as a few others i have found to increase chances took.

for example technique is often overlooked yet can be vital between a 20+ striker and a 40+ striker in my eyes in the chances took simply cause someone with better technique coupled with finishing and a few other attributes will lead to a better technical shot and not just a player who blasts the ball at every single moment because they are technically gifted.

another is agility and balance now you may think of thats obvious but is it really that one on one chance that looked simple enough might not be if we could see a much closer look he could be off balance and so all he can do is swing at it or could not be very agile so cant do a sweeter swing with his foot in order to produce the finish needed.

their just some of the attributes which i feel alot of people often overlook and dont try making use of instead they just complain

if their is a problem then so be it but ive never had a problem and from what i can tell your complaining not just about fm 11 but all football manager games uve played in the past so to me thats not a problem with the game but how your playing style is.

I think the issue is that the game allows far too many one on one situations/easy chances but the ME is programmed to not allow every game to be 10-9 so many of these chances have to be missed to keep the game realistic.

I personally feel that the new patch needs to look at how many clear cut chances are being created and tone these down.

We all know that they can be missed but to have the number missed is where it becomes unrealistic.....however if a good percentage were scored then you may score 7 or 8 goals a game due to how many are generated.

This is one of the big drawbacks to 3D, the ME is statistically calculating the game based on all the variable factors but when you watch it in 3D it can generate some very weird misses.

All in all it is frustrating but overall I feel that most of the results are realistic but the issue is how those results come about and the fact some people will pepper a goal rgularly with 30 odd shots many one on ones and the opposition will have 1 shot from 35 yards that pings in.....it happens IRL but not as often as on FM11.

I totaly agree with you.

I hope they can keep the current match results when fixing the one on ones in the next patch as i find it the most realistic version ever.

In the past I've seen patches improve the ME but meanwhile also making the results a little to low for my taste, resulting in far to many 0-0's and 1-0's.

This year I'm very happy with the results and would hate to see that change.

Ive said it for ages that whats wrong is not always the match engine, which I think is generally almost genius, it's the highlights that you get to see.

More often than not, you get painted a more negative picture of YOUR team and YOUR strikers etc.

Of course, this isnt the whole picture and how and why some are selected as highlights are up for question.

Archived