Loan transfers (Blue Square North/South, Premier)

Got the following problem:

Managing Cambridge City, in the first season I got promoted to BSP thanks to some excellent loan signings from Championship teams.

Second season in Blue Square Premier, I have not been able to secure any loans! And this refers to the same players I was able to loan last season. This does not make any sense to me.

The only things that have changed are:

- I got Luton Town as a parent club. Would that make players from other clubs more reluctant to come on loan?

- Most of the loans I am trying to get for full season, whereas in the fist season they were mainly short-term. But this shouldn't make much difference...

Also, it is now September and the transfer window has closed so I am not able to put in loan offers for any players but AI teams seem to be able to. Can't figure this one out either.

Anyways, has anyone had similar issues with loan transfers before? Like being promoted and having more difficulties getting players in on loan?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

august 31st is the closeure of the transfer market

however on september 1st (i think) the loan market re opens however it might be october

im not to sure but thats why their loaning players.

Also the players you have loaned last season if they had a good season they may believe they can play in much higher divisions, your best off getting a parent club who will loan you players.

Also the players you have loaned last season if they had a good season they may believe they can play in much higher divisions, your best off getting a parent club who will loan you players.

Thats what I would put this down to.

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also the players you have loaned last season if they had a good season they may believe they can play in much higher divisions, your best off getting a parent club who will loan you players.

Thats what I would put this down to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I would say that is what it was.

I have had the same problem in my game, and it is quite annoying, but having said that there's not a hugh amount you can do, and I just get on with it as best I can.

Thanks for all the help - think that must be what's happening, i.e. players thinking they're superstars after having a solid season in BSS! At least I managed to sign a few free transfers so should stay up this season, think the next step is to get someone better then Luton as my parent! (they have NO decent youngsters...)

Oh and the other issue with not being able to bid for loans has resolved itself now, after a few weeks I was able to bid for loan again (not that it helped mind you!). Think this must be a small bug where you bid for a player as a long term loan and then the transfer gets cancelled and you cannot rebid for a short term loan; something like that.

Another development - those players who refused to go on loan to Cambrdige City end up going on loan to clubs with smaller reputation (obscure) in BS North/South... Any idea why that might be? Maybe a bug?

Originally posted by dkouv:

Another development - those players who refused to go on loan to Cambrdige City end up going on loan to clubs with smaller reputation (obscure) in BS North/South... Any idea why that might be? Maybe a bug?

I again have experienced this. I loaned a regen centre half from Bristol City for 3 months. I then went to renew his loan, thinking he would come to me, but Bath City hijaked my bid and he went on loan there instead icon_frown.gif

Bearing in mind that I'm at the time competing to win the BSP, whilst Bath are mid-table in the BSS, I find that the game relies to much on reputations. I just think that Bristol Citry would want him to be exposed to a higher standard and would persuade him to come back. He was also a 1st teamer when he was with me so don't understand it.

For me rep's play to much of a part

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dkouv:

I again have experienced this. I loaned a regen centre half from Bristol City for 3 months. I then went to renew his loan, thinking he would come to me, but Bath City hijaked my bid and he went on loan there instead icon_frown.gif

Bearing in mind that I'm at the time competing to win the BSP, whilst Bath are mid-table in the BSS, I find that the game relies to much on reputations. I just think that Bristol Citry would want him to be exposed to a higher standard and would persuade him to come back. He was also a 1st teamer when he was with me so don't understand it.

For me rep's play to much of a part </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure it was rep, or did Bath have Bristol as a parent?

I've had this many times, players rejecting my loan offers and accepting them at Potter's Bar and such, but I always checked and they were always went to feeder teams

Archived