Starting Unemployed

Hi Guys, I wish to start the game unemployed but I am struggling to get any job offers! I'm running all divisions from 21 nations.

I just holidayed the game and exactly a year into it I got my first offer, from a bottom division Turkish side.

I wondered what the variables were to decide whether or not you got a job offer in these early stages? I remember when I was using Uncle Ron's Level 7 and 8 update previously, I occasionally got an offer at the start, but after testing this just now, I received no offers again.

I always set my previous experience to Sunday League.

Anyone got any suggestions about what I may be doing wrong?

All from:

Argentina,

Australia,

Austria,

Belgium,

Brazil,

Denmark,

England,

France,

Germany

Greece,

Italy,

N. Ireland,

Holland,

Portugal,

Russia,

Scotland,

South Korea,

Spain,

Sweden,

Turkey,

USA.

I accepted the Turkish job in the end, but I would prefer to start again and get an offer quickly. What other factors would affect me getting offers? As I mentioned I cant even get an offer from a level 7 or 8 team when using Uncle Ron's update?!

Have you applied for any jobs, or are you waiting for an offer? You'll probably see much better results if you go out and apply for jobs.

Also, what did you select for your past experience? This should directly affect your reputation, which is a big factor in getting jobs. Starting 'Unproven' will limit your options quite a bit from what I've seen. I know Swedish Division 2 is pretty easy to get into, though.

I to started as Sunday League manager, mind you loaded all available nations with all the leagues and large database. I got a job in Indonesia, from which I resigned, after a year I got Churchill United 3rd division Northern Ireland.

So as Sunday League manager you can't expect to get good offers. 2 major factors reputation and nationality are the key.

• 1 month later...

I just want to bump up this thread rather than start another but would appreciate feedback from you lot, SI bods included.

I started unemployed for a career game as thats my fav way of playing, Sunday League Footballer was my experience so of course I started 'unproven'

I got the job at Eastleigh in the BSS and managed to get them promoted in the first season. I am now coming to the end of my 3rd gruelling season in the BSP and promotion isnt looking likely anytime soon although I am currently sitting 9th after 41 games having finished 20th and 19th in the last two seasons respectively.

I havn't had any significant cup runs as yet but I do think I have achieved a fair bit, especially with a team where my wage budget has decreased every season for the last 3 with the club running in the red constantly. My reputation is still unproven and I got laughed off of declaring interest in the job at Darlington, another BSP team all be it a professional one.

My question is.. am I wasting my time at this club? With the wage budget as it is and getting smaller my chances of ever getting promotion are slim at best and it seems despite having an 'untouchable' job status I am not getting anywhere rep wise for moving my career forward! Feeling rather frustrated will another 4 years here still result in 'unproven' rep? Will I not at least reach local for what I have managed and get a chance at a slightly bigger club? Im not asking for league 2 just another BSP club!

Dan

EDIT: Is there a way of seeing a numerical value for your rep to see If I am getting anywhere, is there anywhere where I can read how rep actually works?

I just want to bump up this thread rather than start another but would appreciate feedback from you lot, SI bods included.

I started unemployed for a career game as thats my fav way of playing, Sunday League Footballer was my experience so of course I started 'unproven'

I got the job at Eastleigh in the BSS and managed to get them promoted in the first season. I am now coming to the end of my 3rd gruelling season in the BSP and promotion isnt looking likely anytime soon although I am currently sitting 9th after 41 games having finished 20th and 19th in the last two seasons respectively.

I havn't had any significant cup runs as yet but I do think I have achieved a fair bit, especially with a team where my wage budget has decreased every season for the last 3 with the club running in the red constantly. My reputation is still unproven and I got laughed off of declaring interest in the job at Darlington, another BSP team all be it a professional one.

My question is.. am I wasting my time at this club? With the wage budget as it is and getting smaller my chances of ever getting promotion are slim at best and it seems despite having an 'untouchable' job status I am not getting anywhere rep wise for moving my career forward! Feeling rather frustrated will another 4 years here still result in 'unproven' rep? Will I not at least reach local for what I have managed and get a chance at a slightly bigger club? Im not asking for league 2 just another BSP club!

Dan

EDIT: Is there a way of seeing a numerical value for your rep to see If I am getting anywhere, is there anywhere where I can read how rep actually works?

You can see your rep in FRMTE

Archived