Very high number of penalties conceded

I'm managing Wigan, doing fairly well in mid-table in the Premier League.

However, I've noticed that I'm giving away a frankly ridiculous number of penalties in games, five in the last three games and a total of TWELVE in the 29 games I've played so far.

What I'd like to know, is there a specific attribute that affects potential for giving away penalties? High aggression/low tackling/low concentration or something like that? Also is there a way of reducing the number of penalties I'm giving away? Tackling is always on default, never 'Hard' and my centre backs are pretty decent, if a bit slow (Alcaraz, Boyce and Gary Caldwell).

Please help, I can't keep on giving the opposition one- or two-goal head starts!

Ah, I'll give them a try. Just had yet another conceded, six in the last four games now for 13 in 30 games. Gary Caldwell seems to be particularly susceptible to the odd rash challenge, I certainly can't complain about the realism of the game in this case!

There does seem to be a very high number of penalties given for both sides in this specific game I've started - I've been awarded 6 so far this season in addition to the 13 conceded. Unfortunately Mauro Boselli has contrived to miss five of them :(

try your keeper, I bet he scores and puts Boselli and Watson to shame

I might have to, it's doing my head in now - both Boselli and Watson have a rating of 16 for penalties, and between them have missed six out of six! Guess what they'll be practising in training on Monday...

Archived