My players are wierd

I'm amazed they complain of lack of discipline if you **** them with 2 week fines for every red card. That seems over-harsh to my tried and trusted (and superb...even if I do say so) discipline strategy which has matured over many versions of CM/FM.

Rule of thumb (my thumb admittedly) has always been:

Straight Red = 1 wk fine

1 yellow + 2nd yellow = Red = Warn the player.

Never, ever 2 week fine. Oh no.

My discipline has always been:

2 yellows = red -> warning

Straight red - 1 week fine

and then if it's their 2nd red of the season, I increase it so either 1 week fine (if one of their cards has been 2x yellows) or 2 week if both were straight reds.

For 3rd red card of the season, always 2 week fine and normally a drop from the 1st team unless he's needed *injury crisis etc.*

Aside from the more obvious disciplinary problems involving cards you also need to make sure your players aren't dropping the ball in training. Players who aren't training to an acceptable level must be told so via the private chat, or the rest of the squad is likely to become disenchanted to your easygoing ways on the training field.

If a player of yours ever goes to the media complaining about your methods, slam them. I haven't had this problem myself, other than with Balotelli in fm10... but you have to keep your team in check. As soon as he whined to the media he was off on a loan to Spain for the year, keeping him from ruining squad harmony.

Archived