I'm a great football manager because.....

This thread is to show case our skills and highlight the many different reasons as to why we are succesful.

Please stick to the following format and i'll get the ball rolling.

I'm a great football manager because my past defeats stick in my mind more than my past wins

......because i understand each and everyone of my players and staff, they are not made up characters in a game, they are simulated beings of my imagination..... they are my friends :/

Until they do the dirty on me or fall out with me because of some nonsense, oh its a fickle game... :D

Because I rule my club with an iron fist.

Just ask Balotelli, in my save he has been in the U18's for 3 seasons on a no training session since defying me. So when his contract expires in another 2 years he will be over weight out of shape, spent and not one high profile club will touch him I'd imagine, Career ruined - job done!

i'm great at football manager because i've achieved feets some clubs could only dream of :p

Size 12??

No really, I'm great at football manager because, I took Boavista to the final of the Champions League at my first attempt, before losing to Bayern Munich 2-0. Beat Man Utd 6-3 head to head in the groups and Barcelona 5-2 agg in the Semis.

I wear a suit

:cool:

My mum says so.

Oh thats just precious :p

Why am I a great football manager? Because Mourinho said so.

Because men curse my name every second of every day.

Because children cry every time my team takes the pitch.

Every match, I destroy the dreams of young and old alike.

I apologise for nothing.

... my team is made almost entirely of academy players.

On a semi-related note, my most proud moment was on one of my mates saves, he was struggling with Barnet in League 2. He asked me to take over for one game, just to see if it was him or the team that was the problem. I proceeded to hammer a League 1 side 4-0 in the cup. Using my advice, he went on to win promotion.

I won multiple Champions Leagues with 11 home grown players on the pitch. Nothing beats this feeling. Too know that you have 11 players you found and picked cheap or for compensation from all over the world when they were under 17-18 years and turned them into superstars is the essence of a long-term save for me.

I'm a great football manager because when another manager uses the media to attack me or my team i wait until i've beaten them to rub their face in it!

This. I guess that makes me a poor winner. Meh, but i'm still a winner!

because in my third season with Blackburn Rovers I won the Premier League, Champions League and League Cup, all the more amazing because in three season I only signed 4 players!

Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta... Am I close?

because i add manager to myopponents and put no keeper in to win every game 33-0

I do that when I'm angry and I win 34-0 :p

Archived