Chairman selling players

Hi all,

An idea......

I sometimes get annoyed when chairmen accept offers for your players as bid is too good to turn down (I'm not complaining at all as I realise this happens in real life).

My idea is that if a bid is received that is see as too good to turn down by the club, you should be able to talk to the board about it.

For example:

you could agree with the board - therefore bid accepted OR

you could give reasons why you feel player should not be sold (i.e - integral part of team and performances may suffer), It would need work but that is the general gist.

The board would probably do what they want anyway - but it would be nice to have an oppourtunity to prevent your star player leaving as the bid was so good!

thoughts??

G

I think it's assumed that they know the consequences and that is why they are saying it is too good to turn down. For most clubs outside the Championship any bid from a club in a higher division means the player is going. Most teams wouldn't be able to turn down a 6 figure bid and if they did the players would hate them so there would be no point.

This kind of thing should happen a lot more in the game. Even up to the Premier League. I'm Everton and never have any players poached from me. In real life a high flying Everton would be easy pickings to the likes of City, Chelsea and United.

I think it's assumed that they know the consequences and that is why they are saying it is too good to turn down. For most clubs outside the Championship any bid from a club in a higher division means the player is going. Most teams wouldn't be able to turn down a 6 figure bid and if they did the players would hate them so there would be no point.

This kind of thing should happen a lot more in the game. Even up to the Premier League. I'm Everton and never have any players poached from me. In real life a high flying Everton would be easy pickings to the likes of City, Chelsea and United.

*cough* Pienaar *cough* Rooney *cough* :D

agreed. i've mentioned this a few times as well and hope it will be an addition to next years game.

you should be able to discuss this with your board in a meeting. if you can't get the board to change their mind then negotiate the best deal out of it for yourself, be it getting a larger percentage of this deal, to them investing the money into facilities.

i'd like it to be as extreme as threatening to quit should they go through with the deal.

you should also be able to explain your decisions to the fans/press

Archived