I don't even...

Is this poor defending? Poor communication? What exactly was going through Ferdinand's mind when he decided to suddenly stop moving, and allow Bendtner to charge through?

I was OK with the fact that Arsenal equalised in the FA Cup final via an own goal. Mistakes happen, I thought.

But this... This is just... Words are literally beyond me.

[video=youtube;sWHIzWhp01c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHIzWhp01c

Can anyone give a reasonable explanation as to what happened there?

Poor communication. Ferdinand thought Vidic was going for it, and vice versa. However unlikely it is that they would make such a big mistake in a final, it can happen.

Happened to me in a CL semi-final on FM10. My previously unflappable centre half pairing watched as Juve's striker ran straight between the pair of them :D

this problem happens alot. I see one of my players rushing over to the ball and then they decide to slow down like their stuck in mud. It seems to happen when there is only one player going for the ball as well, so i cant see that being a communication issue.

Myabe its just a match representation problem.

this problem happens alot. I see one of my players rushing over to the ball and then they decide to slow down like their stuck in mud. It seems to happen when there is only one player going for the ball as well, so i cant see that being a communication issue.

Myabe its just a match representation problem.

Should probably have watched the video shouldn't I... haha.

Yeah it's a question of the representation rather than the actual player slowing down - the game likely calculates which will get there first, not how fast each player will take each individual step towards it. The ME messes up a little then corrects itself.

What probably happened was that the game had calculated the Bendtner would reach the ball first but when it wasn't displayed as well as it should have been, the game had Ferdinand moving too quickly and so he was they slowed right down to allow Bendtner to reach the ball first as the game had calculated he should have.

What probably happened was that the game had calculated the Bendtner would reach the ball first but when it wasn't displayed as well as it should have been, the game had Ferdinand moving too quickly and so he was they slowed right down to allow Bendtner to reach the ball first as the game had calculated he should have.

this, it will be an ME issue rather than Ferdinand forgetting he was suppose to clear the ball. The game calculated that Bendter would get there first its just the ME didnt represent this properly.

Archived