Lower League Beauties

Being an Everton fan, it's not too uncommon for me to see Moyes pick out a Gem from the Championship (Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott etc.) and with this Alex Chamberlain guy coming from League 1 talent from the Football League is coming thick and fast...

But whenever i have tried looking in the lower leagues i have never found anything good in FM 11, good squad players at the most, so what i'm wondering is, has anyone ever found any players from the Football League that have been starters and gone on to prove themselves to be Great players and maybe even World Class players ?

Being an Everton fan, it's not too uncommon for me to see Moyes pick out a Gem from the Championship (Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott etc.) and with this Alex Chamberlain guy coming from League 1 talent from the Football League is coming thick and fast...

But whenever i have tried looking in the lower leagues i have never found anything good in FM 11, good squad players at the most, so what i'm wondering is, has anyone ever found any players from the Football League that have been starters and gone on to prove themselves to be Great players and maybe even World Class players ?

I've found newgens in like 2035 sort of time from the Championship that can easily cut it in the Premiership, but never really found one that turnt out to be world class. I do however quite often find youngsters that turn out to be really good

Quite a few players on my FM10 save came through the ranks at lower league sides only to be picked up immediately by a big club and brought through. A guy I had named John Hollis came through at Hereford, immediately bought by Arsenal, before being bought by us 2 years later. 5 years later he has a 1.0 goals to games ratio for England.

I think the AI scouting system in FM is a little "too good", so talented players always get snapped up earlier than they would IRL.

Perhaps, but it's not by much. Walcott had half a season in the Southampton team at 16 before being snapped up, Bale wasn't much longer - think he was 17 when he moved wasn't he?

IRL I think George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith and Ryan Bennett(Peterborough) all have the potential to be premiership players.

In game Southampton have a few players in their youth team that are 4 star PA rating from my 20 JAP scout at Peterborough(premiship title holders). Also a few others dotted around the football league.

Quite a few current Middlesbrough lads can go into the Premier League. I've just signed a regen striker who seems canny - he scored against Arsenal in the FA Cup final on his debut at 16 years of age, and he began at Southport. Spent one season at Hibs before I snapped him up for £500k.

Archived