New Players

rg1

I am new to FM11 having only been playing it for a couple of months. I have a tip which could be useful to other newbies and want to share.

Go through each player in your current squad and check their favoured personnel. There are some real gems to be found which you would miss through normal scouting.

Example: I bought Thorgan Hazard at the start of my current game and one of his favoured personnel is a guy called Terence Makengo. Having scouted this player, he is a 17yr old striker who is currently a 2 star striker with potential to become 4 1/2 star striker. I bought him for 2.1 mil. Bargain!!

I can back up the Terence Makengo bit. Superb striker, never really gets anywhere with his attributes but he's a fantastic player and seems to have a really high 'big game' stat as he scored without fail in every final I've got to and he's won me two Champions League finals with braces from the bench at the death.

This is a good idea, I've done this a few times and got some real diamonds from it.

Sometimes the scouts are useless anyway, Kyle Bartley had been released from Arsenal and I was going to sign him for Newcastle but the scouts didn't rate him in the slightest. He went to QPR in the Championship and they came up the next season, he lit up the Premier League and is now wanted by Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Great.

Frankly, I don't see why the favoured personnel bit should indicate to good quality players more than any other bit of info in the game. This is just about who the lads like on a personal level with no indication as to the quality of that player.

Seems like a completely random find to me.

If I was to look anywhere for bargains, then it would be the rumours page. If a big club is linked to a very young player on there then chances are that this guy must have a lot of potential.

Frankly, I don't see why the favoured personnel bit should indicate to good quality players more than any other bit of info in the game. This is just about who the lads like on a personal level with no indication as to the quality of that player.

Seems like a completely random find to me.

If I was to look anywhere for bargains, then it would be the rumours page. If a big club is linked to a very young player on there then chances are that this guy must have a lot of potential.

It doesnt tell you whether they are quality players or not, you have to scout them and make up your own mind. But, if you spend the time to look, there are some gems to be found.

Archived