Just A Thought

So had an idea today...

It is just an idea and probably goes against the whole "Manager Simulation" that it is the cloest thing to actually managing in real life. But what if there was an option just to manage any 2 teams in just a one match friendly. The pros I see is I can test my tactics without actually having to possibly sacrafice a league match or cup run (we all know friendlies are useless sometimes). Unless SI gives us the option to test our tactics in training sessions to see how the would work, it would benefit tactic testing. Or it gives someone an opportunity to manage a team they would never take a season to actually manage, such as Barca or something like that. OR replay some of the greatest matches in history, something like that... could be fun.

I can already hear people complaining that it would serve no purpose in 'this' game. That this is a true management sim. That is very true, but, this is a game and we can manipulate it to our content, unlike real life. And who knows how many real managers wont kick back and play FM or FIFA just to see something new. It was just a thought, because I am tired of drawning matches I could win while adjusting tactics. Any comments?

Just set up some more testing friendlies closer to the league season...I always have 2 pretty comfortable friendlies early on, then a medium team who is a bit below, but then 2/3 more against similar standard opposition to see tactics. Best way for me is watching full games, you almost see straight away the problems in a team and can quickly identify where the team can improve.

You've got a chance of 5/6 games before the league season to test tactics and then the season itself to keep looking at ways to improve.

Surely FM isn't fun if you find a perfect tactic outside the actual game and then put into the game and play and win all the time. Personally, It's just as bad as when people copy tactics of other people in order to win....sorry but I just don't get the point.

Surely FM isn't fun if you find a perfect tactic outside the actual game and then put into the game and play and win all the time. Personally' date=' It's just as bad as when people copy tactics of other people in order to win....sorry but I just don't get the point.[/quote']

I totally agree with that statement. I think the idea was most for a quick test more then anything, and pure fun such as playing as Barca against some Irish club to kill time (I think I was bored today).

As for friendlies, they don't do it for me. I sense players will slack off in friendlies and therefore hinder the tactic test, and if its against the reserves, its sometimes like playing against school boys.

Archived