Piracy...Cut it

I must admit when I was like 13,14 I did download CM0102, as I didnt have money and my parents didnt give any lol

But I cannot stand people who say they 'love' this game, who instead of buying the game they love, and helping out SI, they download the game.

SI works tirelessly to bring us a game, (even though so far, FM 11 is shocking). The more me buy games, the more funds they receive to try and make the game better and better!

So how about this thread becomes an awareness to anti-Piracy (for FM only :p).

With our help, SI can make FM12, 13 and so on, unbelievable games.

And the more money they get from us, the more testing they can do etc.

face it, most of us on here already buy the game (either as a disc or from steam) so a post on here is slightly counter-productive

and anyways, aren't there ways that SI have incorporated to prevent patching of a counterfeit game? either by making it "unplayable" or something else

*brainwave* perhaps that's what people means when they deem it unplayable, the FM patch has meant that their game no longer works?

I guess one good thing about piracy is that it creates loyal fans like yourself. If you hadn't pirated the game as a youth, who's to say you would have bought FM once you had money. It's like tobacco companies giving kids cigarettes. The resulting addiction results in lifelong profit that far outweighs the initial loss. :-) Maybe SI should adopt that business model and give out free copies in grade school.

I must admit when I was like 13,14 I did download CM0102, as I didnt have money and my parents didnt give any lol

But I cannot stand people who say they 'love' this game, who instead of buying the game they love, and helping out SI, they download the game.

SI works tirelessly to bring us a game, (even though so far, FM 11 is shocking). The more me buy games, the more funds they receive to try and make the game better and better!

So how about this thread becomes an awareness to anti-Piracy (for FM only :p).

With our help, SI can make FM12, 13 and so on, unbelievable games.

And the more money they get from us, the more testing they can do etc.

First of all, I want to make it clear that I neither condone or oppose piracy. However, I'd have to disagree with your point that "the more money they get from us, the more testing they can do etc. and make the game better and better." Every year, SI has been rushing the release of Football Manager, selling a game full of bugs to the customers, and taking months to fix the problems, sometimes only to create new ones. Why do they repeat the same mistake year after year? Because they know people will buy the game no matter how bugged it is. Buying the game and giving SI money do not mean that they will make the game better. It means that they get our money regardless of the game's quality. I appreciate that SI is working to fix the bugs, but it is inexcusable to release a faulty game. I think it's time we show SI that we don't want a buggy FM. We want a FM that has been well tested and adjusted even if we have to wait every other year for a new game.

First of all, I want to make it clear that I neither condone or oppose piracy. However, I'd have to disagree with your point that "the more money they get from us, the more testing they can do etc. and make the game better and better." Every year, SI has been rushing the release of Football Manager, selling a game full of bugs to the customers, and taking months to fix the problems, sometimes only to create new ones. Why do they repeat the same mistake year after year? Because they know people will buy the game no matter how bugged it is. Buying the game and giving SI money do not mean that they will make the game better. It means that they get our money regardless of the game's quality. I appreciate that SI is working to fix the bugs, but it is inexcusable to release a faulty game. I think it's time we show SI that we don't want a buggy FM. We want a FM that has been well tested and adjusted even if we have to wait every other year for a new game.

no sega would set deadlines for when the game has to be ready and when it has to be released by it has nothing to do with the reasons you've listed.

does EVERY thread have to come back to this?

Lets make rich corporations richer \o/

Mate I don't know about you, but if I want to be able to pay my bills in retirement I'm going to have to rely on the share market staying strong - that means rich corporations getting richer.

Don't be scared or resentful of coporations - they're owned by shareholders who are ordinary people. If you work you're probably a shareholder yourself, due to one or more pension schemes.

I've never downloaded FM illegally, being the only PC game I actually play on a regular basis - that being said... It's tempting for FM2012, as the demo never really covers the overall flaws of the release version adequately. So an illegal download for me would just be a more accurate demo.

If I did download it, and it was decent, I'd certainly go out and buy it though. It's a shame release versions of FM have got to the point where you pretty much expect it to be poor and you feel mugged after buying it.

I'd like to see the demo play over two seasons to get an accurate impression of the game code, because the transfer issues etc. didn't occur in the demo as the summer window wasn't in it.

I would never download illiegally, £30 for POTENTIALLY 12 months entertainment is very very good value. The current FM11 and maybe going back a couple of releases have been shocking in terms of bugs from the box. I don't want piracy to be an excuse. The only thing Sega and SI will understand is if us as customers simply don't buy the game on day 1, and simply wait until March 2012 to buy FM12, when eventually that will be fixed (not simply patched).

Archived