For those that love FM 11

I personally think that FM 11 is the best in the series the only problems I find are the one's that make the game slightly unrealistic. Everything about the game is a improvement on last year's game.

Miles and his team have come under alot of fire from the people on many forums but I think what everyone needs to remember is that we all love this game and if it was not for him and his team we would all be playing Fifa manager or CM which lets be honest is nothing compared to Football manager, in terms of patches how many games do you know that tell you when the patch is about to come out, every time I switch on my playstation all of a sudden there is a patch or a update for the game that I didn't know was coming.

So come on guys lets thank them for all their hard work and hope the patch makes everyone love the game again..............even tho I still love it as much as I always have. :cool:

Agree with OP.

I love this game, probably because I don't sit playing it all day with the sole aim of picking fault with it or trying to be the first to moan about something on here.

Seriously when did this place become such an awful place to be?

Great thread OP. Love the game, i'm happy with it the way it is, thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I don't suffer from a lot of the problems people whine about on here lyk dramtic losses of form, trouble selling players above value etc so all in all, SI keep up the great work :)

Agree with OP.

I love this game, probably because I don't sit playing it all day with the sole aim of picking fault with it or trying to be the first to moan about something on here.

I'm exactly the same as the bolded part, some just seem to buy the game for that reason ;)

It's good to hear good things being said about FM & SI because 90% of this place seems to be negativity against the game

It's a £30 game & we get more than our monies worth, I hear people wanting their money back & comparing it to if your TV was unviewable. Well, if a £600 TV was unviewable I would want my money back but FM cost £30 (£15 now) & is playable ;)

It has it's faults that we're all aware of but I' not sat here having paddy that the patch isn't out this week

:D

Agree with OP.

its usually just an awful place in general discussion when a new game or patch is released. Probably a good idea to fade into other areas of the forum during those periods.

It's a fabulous game, really brilliant. I'm in my 23rd season across 2 saves and I've enjoyed every minute of it, from getting relegated, losing in the playoffs 2 years running, and losing 3 Coppa Italia finals in a row to winning the Champions League twice, and putting together an unbeaten league season with a wage cap of £45,000pw.

FM11 :cool:

These threads are good. Appreciation threads usually get quickly moved down and then onto the next page with moaning or patch threads but it's always nice to see that a lot of us actually like the game and aren't complaining when they lose a game or something silly.

These threads are good. Appreciation threads usually get quickly moved down and then onto the next page with moaning or patch threads but it's always nice to see that a lot of us actually like the game and aren't complaining when they lose a game or something silly.

I know you've had more problems than most with crash dumps, so it really says something that you still like the game even after all that. Puts some of the moaning in perspective!

I'm loving my notts county save, I have taken them to 3rd place, 5 points off auto promotion 5th round of fa cup lost to cardiff. All my gols coming from midfield as strikers have forgotten how to score! love this Game!

who remembers premier manager? now that's old school!

I love the game, the most fun I've had in an FM game and I'm sure that the 11.3 update with make the game even better.

I think people have to remember that this is the internet, a breeding ground for hatred and negativity. Whilst there may be 5000 people on the forum bashing the game there are probably 500,000 people that don't bother posting on the forum because they're enjoying their game so much.

First off, I'm having a great time with 11.2 and really look forward to what they can do with 11.3.

Secondly, if you want to avoid haters/fanboys don't bother with gaming forums. They are there and they are not going anywhere. Fortunately there are usually loads of others around as well, especially true on these forums compared to other forums I visit on a regular basis.

First off, I'm having a great time with 11.2 and really look forward to what they can do with 11.3.

Secondly, if you want to avoid haters/fanboys don't bother with gaming forums. They are there and they are not going anywhere. Fortunately there are usually loads of others around as well, especially true on these forums compared to other forums I visit on a regular basis.

There will always be people who want to moan and be computer gangsters.

I always check out the career thread that's where the action is! I reckon half the people that moan about fm are the one's who don't own it! As I always say if you want real football management go and manage a club in real life and as a side note tell me if some weird things don't happen in real life football I.e crawley down only losing 1-0 to the league leaders

I'm loving my notts county save, I have taken them to 3rd place, 5 points off auto promotion 5th round of fa cup lost to cardiff. All my gols coming from midfield as strikers have forgotten how to score! love this Game!

omg i loved prem manager (the original on st/amiga)

also im 2nd in championship with super Notts and loveing the game

i had premier manager 97 on the mega drive. my first ever management game and i bought it by accident. from then i got hold of CM95/96, then 97/98 and every other one from then on.

i had a wicked brighton team in PM97. won the prem every season and got my stadium to 80k

As for FM11, yes it has a few major faults, although personally they haven't really affected me too much. nothing that would make me not play and definitely nothing that would make me go as petty as asking for my money back.

alot of people who dislike the game is only because they can't be as successfull as they were on FM10 so they pick at the smallest of bugs and proclaim it makes the game unplayable when really they should only be blaming themselves.

fm11 is the best version yet, there are some bugs but that is what 11.3 is for, right?

as for people that moan, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion and generalising anyone who complains is just as bad as ranting at SI itself. having said that, some forum posters could benefit from learning a little patience :)

I'm mad for it.

Been playing since whatever CM was the latest on the PC in '96-ish. Before that Kevin Tom's attempt on ZX Spectrum, then "The Boss", the Ultimate Soccer Manager on the Atari ST. But it keeps getting better. Not sure whether one release per year is good, and would like to see some competition from other game company geeks (think FIFA and Pro Evo driving each other to keep their eyes on the ball of improvement and innovation). That aside FM11 rocks and I don't need nor am I waiting for patch 3.

Not playing continuously though. That's the key for me. I'm all or nothing. Kick the arse out of it for 3-4 months. Break for 3-4 months. Rinse and repeat.

Archived