Patch 11.3 Latest

Around the launch of FM, Miles posted this info about patches and the strategy for patching FM2011.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Exclusive-Football-Manager-2011-blog-with-Miles-Jacobson-day-18-Upcoming-patches-revealed-and-check-out-our-anti-racism-podcast-article610699.html

At this point, that information is still correct - there is a patch being worked on for imminent release.

If and when more information becomes available, it'll be posted here by one of the team.

Cheers

Matt

• SI Staff

Last Monday I had said that we were hopeful of a release for the patch this week (week of 28th Feb).

Whilst that is still possible, it's now looking very unlikely. We have been chasing a rare and seemingly random crash issue for the last week (memory corruption) that we are struggling to reproduce due to it's randomness, and when it is crashing, it's giving us limited information in tracking it down. We have made progress in narrowing down what is causing it, and working round the clock on this, but tests and test code are still ongoing despite working on it 24/7.

I would therefore suggest that the patch and data update will likely be released next week (week of 8th March), which still fits into the original timeline given if near the start of the week!

I will provide more information once we have more.

• SI Staff

Just another little update.

This week is definitely out now - we have made progress with the random crash and fixed it, but our tests since have shown some knock on effects (as often happens when you fix code) which are being investigated now.

I'm still hopeful for next week, but it's more likely to be towards the end of the week.

I will be happy to answer questions about the processes that we go through with patches at the podcast recording on Monday in Birmingham, for which you can find more info at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/256810-The-Football-Manager-podcast-on-tour-Birmingham.

• SI Staff

And another update - having finally found out what the issue was, and fixing it (the issue would only have happened on some hardware, and the code concerned is 4 years old, so it's been in there for a while) we spent the whole weekend "soak" testing (ie - having the game run without a human playing it in a special holiday mode that still does some actions) and it ran the whole weekend, on well over 100 machines, without crashing, which is very good news indeed.

Now the process of "sweep" testing has started (where a bunch of human testers try and break the game, and test out every option). This normally takes 3 days, so if all goes to plan, the data update and patch should be out this week.

Thank you all for your patience!

Archived