FM Misses

Now obviously FM has done an amazing job at spotting young talent, rating players like Messi and Aguero as future stars in previous FMs. But they've also had plenty of misses, players they deemed promising proved to be complete flops in real life.

Some players I can name at the top of my head would be O'Hara, Koldrup and Bojinov. They were complete beasts in previous FMs but failed to match it in real life.

Name others who FM got it oh so wrong with. Of course, it could also be players who turned out to be amazing but FM didn't consider them to be.

To be fair it was quite easy getting Bojinov wrong... until he moved away from Lecce he was indeed showing as much potential as he was given in the game. Then it took some time for FM researchers to accept the fact he was in Jeffers-territory...

Speaking of players who were and are given extremely good attributes despite them not having ever been as impressive...

Sulley Muntari was rated as some sort of "Mikel+Lampard" football machine well past the time it was clear he wasn't half as good

They also fell for the shortlived and inexplicable Adiyiah-hype

Same is apparently happening for Babacar and the other young african kid at Fiorentina.

Not many FMs ago they rated Venitucci (who?) as good as Marchisio... Even Lanzafame and Palladino were rated as better than Giovinco, which, himself, would never be as good as he used to be in FM a couple of seasons ago

I'll also go out on a limb and say I doubt Marco Verratti will ever turn into something bigger than a frilly midfielder for a mid/bottom-table club in Serie A... That being his best-case scenario..

And what about Henri Saivet? Too early to label him, but still nowhere near the world beater he used to be in FM09

Saviet is one from older FM's he was a beast in FM09 and FM10 but not quite as much. Adu i would say doesnt count, everybody back then thought he was the next huge thing, just never quite worked out. I remeber Dede being one the worlds best right backs but he never quite made it to that level. Iaquinta (thats prob spelt wrong) was a beast in FM7 or 8 but again he never quite reached that standard.

Also Tó Madeira was quite the flop in real life, given he didn't actually exist in real life :-D

Haha! He was fictional along with that Maxim Tsgalia (sp) bloke

Trying to think of a few but I'm drawing a blank :/

Ibrahim Bakayoko!!!

Anderson @ Man U imo, Mad overated what he could do interms of his stats to how he plays IRL.

Dalle Valle now at Fulham after Liverpool swapped him for Koncheskey.....How he could be worse than Koncheskey i dont know.

I'll also say Tevez, I think he was on earlier versions of the game but you'd of hardly noticed.

Archived