Unable to register squad for league and european competitions

I'm having a rather strange problem here. I'm just starting my fourth season with Sparta in Holland and in my edited database I put in some squad rules so I have to register players at the beginning of every season. This has been no problem so far, but now that I want to register my squad for this season I am unable to do so.

I can go to the squad registration screen when prompted to complete squad registration, but instead of showing players as 'in' or 'out' it shows the positions they are selected in, i.e. RB, LB, S1, S2, et cetera. If I unselect every player I am unable to pick which player I want in or out of the registration. I have tried using right click to select a player as well as left clicking and selecting 'in'. This does absolutely nothing, no players are displayed as being selected in the squad registration. Now if I choose automatic selection I am still able to complete the selection and play on, but then I don't get the selection I want myself. This is the same for the European squad registration and the league registration and only started at the beginning of my 4th season. This issue is really annoying me and I hope someone can help me with this....

Archived