How do I turn this guy into an assist machine?

S.G.

Simply hold on to him for a year or 2.

He is young, so his hidden attributes won't be great, like his physical ones.

I have no doubt that this guy will set up no end of goals in time. Get him on free kick duty and make sure he is the teams playmaker.

I can make a few suggestions, but i dont know the system in which he operates etc.

He is only a MC so unless you retrain to AMC he's going to be playing as an MC. So you have 2 main options <DeepLyingPlaymaker> <AdvancedPlaymaker>

> If you play with wingers or in particular advanced wingers, you likely to be playing 'wide' this means your team passing is going to be focused down either flank. Crosses and passes from your Wingers are therefore more likely to provide the bulk of your assists.

> Playing a more narrow formation such as 4-1-2-1-2 should go hand in hand with more narrow passing so he will be more involved in play.

Basics

> Ensure he is set as the primary playmaker

> If possible dont play more than 1 playmaker or trequartista who will simply negate the effects of eachother

> Try and lieave him on 'mixed' passing and with some creative freedom as to not stiffle his creativity

Hope this helps and you can take something from it

Great regen btw, well done :D

I can make a few suggestions, but i dont know the system in which he operates etc.

He is only a MC so unless you retrain to AMC he's going to be playing as an MC. So you have 2 main options <DeepLyingPlaymaker> <AdvancedPlaymaker>

> If you play with wingers or in particular advanced wingers, you likely to be playing 'wide' this means your team passing is going to be focused down either flank. Crosses and passes from your Wingers are therefore more likely to provide the bulk of your assists.

> Playing a more narrow formation such as 4-1-2-1-2 should go hand in hand with more narrow passing so he will be more involved in play.

Basics

> Ensure he is set as the primary playmaker

> If possible dont play more than 1 playmaker or trequartista who will simply negate the effects of eachother

> Try and lieave him on 'mixed' passing and with some creative freedom as to not stiffle his creativity

Hope this helps and you can take something from it

Great regen btw, well done :D

I play a pretty unimaginative flat 4-4-2, with an Advanced Playmaker (Support) and Central Midfielder (Defend) in the middle of the park.

I think you nailed it with the wingers thing—they do tend to rack up most of the assists for me, so I guess I shall try employing a narrower formation. Do you reckon I should get the whole team playing shorter passes and less direct football in accordance with this adjustment?

By the way, he's from my youth academy so I'm doubly proud :D

I play a pretty unimaginative flat 4-4-2, with an Advanced Playmaker (Support) and Central Midfielder (Defend) in the middle of the park.

I think you nailed it with the wingers thing—they do tend to rack up most of the assists for me, so I guess I shall try employing a narrower formation. Do you reckon I should get the whole team playing shorter passes and less direct football in accordance with this adjustment?

By the way, he's from my youth academy so I'm doubly proud :D

This is interesting as my experience is different to you. I've been playing a similar system; 4-4-2, two wingers, an Advanced Playmaker (support) and a Box-To-Box Midfielder, with plenty of width and mixed passing. My four wingers made 27 assists between them last season while my playmaker racked up 18 just by himself.

Try advanced playmaker - either support or attacking, seems to work for one of my centre mids who's got good creativity etc... just a thought.

'Advanced playmaker attacking' is the player who takes the ball and starts to do something with it HIMSELF. It means lot of dribbling, drawing defence out of position and then either shooting or giving assist to striker/winger who's in better position. Technique, dribbling and creativity are essential. Pace wouldn't hurt too (in case of counters or when skinning opponent defender.

'Advanced playmaker support' is the player who doesn't dribble much with ball, but is looking around him and spreading attack with through balls wherever possible. Passing and creativity are essential.

This guy is clearly 'support' type of player due to his low dribbling. 'Central midfielder support' would work too (depending on your tactics) but I would suggest tweaking his creative freedom higher in this case.

This is interesting as my experience is different to you. I've been playing a similar system; 4-4-2, two wingers, an Advanced Playmaker (support) and a Box-To-Box Midfielder, with plenty of width and mixed passing. My four wingers made 27 assists between them last season while my playmaker racked up 18 just by himself.

Is your advanced playmaker set as 'playmaker' in your team tactics screen? If yes, it's rather wierd, if not then it's pretty much normal. In that case the ball doesn't always move throught your advanced playmaker (regardless of his individual orders) but often through wings (especially if your team orders say 'focus passing through both flanks')

Is your advanced playmaker set as 'playmaker' in your team tactics screen? If yes, it's rather wierd, if not then it's pretty much normal. In that case the ball doesn't always move throught your advanced playmaker (regardless of his individual orders) but often through wings (especially if your team orders say 'focus passing through both flanks')

He does have playmaker ticked in the tactics screen, but i think you misunderstand? He's actually got a lot more assists individually (18) than the four wide players individually (9, 4, 6, 8) so wouldn't that suggest the play is going through my playmaker predominantly?

The problem with this player is his low/average Flair attribute, which hinders his risk-taking. Unfortunately the attribute is untrainable and only rarely increases. To get him to play more like a player with high Flair I'd suggest the Deep Lying PLaymaker role with creative freedom maximised manually.

yeah i would have him sitting as a deep lying playmaker, have him ticked in box, high creativity, short passing and let him grow into the position, being so young means he wont consistantly do it for you yet, some of his hidden mental stats might not be up to scratch yet, but keep playing him in the role and he will grow into a wonderful player, very good regen you have there!

Archived