'Save game could not be loaded' FM2010

Hi everyone. When I bought FM11, I uninstalled FM10 and moved my two best save games to an external hard-drive for safe keeping and to free up memory on my actual hard drive. Now I'm a bit bored of FM11 and the multitude of bugs I see to experience, I re-installed FM10 and moved the save games back into the 'games' file in My Documents. But when I go to load up either of them, the 'the save game could not be loaded' error comes up. Is there anything I've done wrong here to fix this?

Oh, when I re-installed FM11 I reinstalled it to my external hard drive and not my computers one. Seeing as the save game files are stored on my computers hard drive, would this be the problem?

Thanks, hopefully I can get these saves working, they're my favourite saves and I spent a ridiculous amount of time on them!

It will be to do with the patches. When you reinstalled FM10 did you also install the latest patch 10.3?

Ah no I didn't, I just installed the game straight out of the box. I think I still have 10.3 on the PC somewhere, will report back. Thanks!

Archived