Playing the offside tactic?...

Just wondering if anyone has gone with this tactic before? and if so does it work effectivly?

Also, what kind of tactics do you need to play alongside it e.g. High defensive line

and finally, what attributes should you look for in defenders if your going to play this tactic? Concentration I'm guessing will be useful.

Thanks is advance,

Ben_GTFC

Thanks all.

Anyone know whether it will be useful in BSP for Forest Green Rovers? Or will players at that level not have the required on stats?

I'd be cautious on that level. Actually with anything sophisticated as you shouldn't ask bad players to do what you see Messi doing, but even more in defense.

There will be fewer quick strikers but even fewer quick defender. At that level a one-tool-striker can work wonders. If that tool is pace then you don't want to employ the offside trap.

So I'd just employ it on a case by case basis if the opposition has strikers with less pace (at least 2 or 3 less) than your defenders.

I have always ticked the offside box in every version of FM since CM01/2. It always helps to have an offside trap set. After missing the last two versions 09 and 10 I returned to FM2011 after building a new PC with a compatible graphics card and have found that I can have a really high DL with the Offside box ticked. My default DL setting is 17 and on certain pitches I have had it up to 20 in order to make a breakthrough without being caught out at the back.

Archived